Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone else play the Sims?

I don't have time for it anymore now that I have a real house and family, but I used to love this game. My actual favorite part was building and decorating houses, but creating families and naming the Sims was also fun of course!

I was wondering how other people named their Sims. I usually populated my neighborhood with families loosely based on people I know, and I would come up with different names for them that hinted at who they were in real life, like a name with the same meaning as theirs or scrambling their name to make a new one or something like that. I also liked coming up with "themed" families that would be totally cheesy in real life, but were really fun to dream up. I would do a lot of research to try to make the connects more subtle, like naming the mother in a family with all gem names Margaret instead of Pearl.

So, if you play(ed) the Sims, how did you come up with your Sims' names? Feel free to share any family name sets you've come up with!
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur, Niall/Neil/Neal Thomas
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne, Gwen ???

I LOVE THE SIMS! All my friends play it too!

I like doing name connections too, some more obvious than others. Right now, I have five families. One family has all unisex names, one family has top 100 names, one has kind of hipster names, one has British top 100 names, and the other has names that were popular in the early 1900s. I think having the different connections makes naming them more fun.
    Adelaide Hanna, Alice Brighton, Elena Sawyer, Estella Greer, Jane Elizabeth, Katherine Laurel, Olivia Poppy, Rebekah Blair, Sophie Meredith, Tabitha Avery, Victoria Charlotte
    Benjamin Andrew, Daniel George, Elijah Thomas, Jeremy Charles, Matthew Stefan, Michael Howard, Nicklaus Ian

i play.. x
    *Britberry* Dani
    ❤ B&L❤
    Love thinking up name combos

Fave combos:Sawyer Phoenix Castiel?~Logan Elijah Mark~ Elijah Talon Jakob~ Xavier Kye (Kai) Roscoe~Spencer Devon Mitchell / Kairi Peyton Alana~ Marnie Isabeau Grace~ Wynter Amethyst- (Mysti/Thya''Thea'') Nova Madisyn~Cailyn Schuyler ❤
    GP's: Castiel. Auron (Oren) Gunner, Orion, Roman, Zeke.

Not trying but thinking of the future..

"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan.

I like to do theme families, too! I Then I just give them names that match the stereotype. And if I play each family long enough to get into the next generation, I stick with the theme but change the variation slightly. For example, I once had a hippie family with nature names, then the kids got bird names (Falcon, Wren, Snowbird) then their kids got water names (Coral, Reef, River, Anemone,) and so on!

Yessss

Yep! Mine are themed! I have as many kids as possible solely fore the purpose of naming them.

Paige and Zane Foster
    Trinity
    Cadence and Ryker (twins)
    Adalyn
    Maddox
    Declan

Charlotte and Alexander Higgins
    Margo and Gwendolyn (twins)
    Aria
    Ruby
    Simon

Elliot and Eva L'Engle
    Eden
    Evan
    Elle
    Emerson
    Esther

Vinland and Sydney Liken
    Alaska
    Leighton
    Ireland
    Memphis
    Houston

Aurora and Benson Zimmerman
    Celeste
    Destiny
    Emery
    Flynn, Gracie, and Hannah (triplets)

Rosie and Cress Camden
    Willow
    Tigerlily
    Oak
    River
    Ivy

That's all I can think of. I have a top 100 family with Mom Emma and dad Mason, and I know there's a Sophia, and a Lucy, but that's all and they had 5 kids.

Wow, I had TOO MANY families with TOO MANY kids. I know there was a girl named Lennox too, but that's all.
    Girls Top 10:
    Sonnet, Penelope, Evangeline, Maisie, Lexington, Fable, Cricket, Sailor, Seraphina, Thea

Boys Top 10:
    Hendrix, Roarke, Castle, Stellan, Cohen, Maximum, Calvary, Atticus, Hawk, Canaan

Guilty Pleasure-
    Boy: Kohl, Falcon, Myles, Flynnigan, Brave
    Girl: Tigerlily, Larkspur, Tinleigh, Emerson, Maddox

teenberry, equestrian, second youngest of 9 girls
    FurMommy to Bleu the yorkie!