Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this smoosh too much of a stretch?

I've been visiting Nameberry for the lists for years, but just started lurking in the forum this summer. I figured there's no reason to stay in the shadows when I've been itching to give suggestions and ideas. This is my first post, so go easy

Anyway, like many of you, I've been intrigued by names for a long time. I'm not planning on naming any real-life children for a few more years, but I still think it's fun to come up with some favorites!

I've always thought that middle names should honor family or have some sort of special meaning/symbolism. My siblings and I weren't actually named that way, but for some reason, that has always been my naming style. That said, I have three sisters and a mom who I am very close with. I'm afraid that if I gave a future daughter a middle name after one of them, that she would end up being the only daughter and I wouldn't get the chance to honor the rest of the important women in my family. SO, years ago, I came up with a solution:

One of my sister's names starts with "J", another with "A" and the third ends with "im" (Kim). My mom's name starts with "S". So, if you smoosh them all together you get "Jaims". My godfather's name is James (and I'm close with him, as well) and I was a French major in college/speaking French has always been a hobby of mine and J'aime means "I love/like". With all of that in mind, what do you think of the name "Jaimes" as a middle for a little girl? Is it too much of a stretch to honor all of the important ladies? Is it too masculine sounding?

I'd love your opinions and suggestions! Thanks in advance!

It could work I think, but then it doesn't leave you with much options if you have another girl.

It could work, but I think Jaime/Jaimie might be a more usable option Jamieson could also work.
    haley-alannah. nineteen. lover of boybands and baby names.
    ~cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream~
    lists are currently under construction.

I think it could work. If I met a girl with the middle name Jaimes, without knowing this backstory, I would assume it was a surname, like her mom's maiden name or something. I knew a set of twins in high school with the last name Jaimes.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th - It's a BOY!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur, Niall/Neil/Neal Thomas
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne, Gwen ???

Jaime is actually a legitimate Spanish unisex version of James (according to thinkbabynames). My MIL went to school with a female Jamesie who would be 60+ now. So not only could it work but it does have a history of feminine use.