Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another one bites the dust.

First the Beckham's used Harper, then Kourtney Kardashian used Penelope and now I think I am going to take Seren off the list thanks to the Syria. It's all over the news that the toxic nerve gas that was used was Sarin gas. Now that's all I can think of when I look at the name Seren.
    Mommy To:
    Owen Michael and Jackson Floyd
    #3 Due February 27

Sigh, another one bites the dust.
    It is at least great that you recognized this association before hand

Seren sound s very different to Sarin to me but I suppose your association isn't a nice one. Personally I love the name Penny, with a view to naming my daughter Penelope to get to it. As I don't follow any celebrities, what some woman on the telly names her baby is of little concern to me. If you like those names, why not go for them? I sometimes think, and I am guilty of this myself, that people love the obscurity or rarity of a name rather than the name itself.
    Name lover

Lilith Vesper - Francesca Lark - Viola Kathryn - Azalea Coralie
    Zachary James - Alexander Michael/Charlie - Tristan George

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

I have been put off Penelope by the Kardashian connection. It is not so much how popular it may become, it is more that it will have a certain vibe. But in the main I agree, if you love a name use it.

Oh no, Seren is beautiful! (and it has the most adorable nickname Wren/Ren, how sweet is that?!) Sarin gas doesn't look like it really, and is pronounced the same at all (although my accent may be slightly different to yours if you are American). If I sound slightly desperate for you to keep it on the list, it's because I can't, and I want someone else to use it for me. So no pressure

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe