Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you Jean ?

Jean, Jeanne, Regina..
    Whats diminutive or variants do you know?
    Whats your opinion & favorite of them ?

Diminutives... well, my dad calls my mum Jay and Jeannie

Opinion: I'm not a big fan and my mum's not either, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I adore Jean. It's sweet & simple. Rarer than Jane or June, less serious than Joan. I think it's great in the middle. It's my mom's name so I bet I will use it on an actual person in some regard. I like the idea of Eugenie a lot. I think Gina could be a great first name.

My favorite is Georgina. I don't really care for any of the others, and I like Georgiana and Georgia much better than Georgina. I used to go to school with a Jeanna (JEE-nah, not jee-ANN-ah), which I always thought was pretty, but I don't really care for it anymore. Gina feels very dated and overdone to me, and Jean doesn't seem quite ready for a comeback, to me. Georgina is lovely, though! And I can respect Regina.

ETA: Eugenie! And Eugenia! I love those. I don't know why I didn't even think of those. I really love Eugenie/Eugenia and Georgiana.
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; September 18th, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Jane is my preference. Jean, not really... Kinda meh personal association, but also sounds dated and rough around the edges, like a cutoff jean jacket. Joan sounds a bit bulky to carry around, hard to imagine an impish free spirited Joan (not that one needs to be either of those!). Gina is not so much to my taste either, but oddly I do like Geena.