Names Searched Right Now:

Quade: Can it be pronounced in Spanish??

I live in a city with many native Spanish speakers, so I try to find names that will work well in both English and Spanish (thus why I debate Sidra and Calla even though I love them).

So, anyways, is there anyone that could tell me if Quade would be easily pronounced by native Spanish speakers?? I know the "qu" is pronounced as a k in Spanish, so that doesn't worry me... It's the "ade" that I wonder about. I'm concerned Spanish speakers would pronounced it "kwahd" like quad
    James ~ Ariston

Aurelia ~ Sidra ~ Elizabeth ~ Gia ~ Julia

The others I hold close.... Quade ~ William (Liam) ~ Dresden ~ Giordana ~ Lydiana ~ Laurenza ~ Vivara ~ Fonya ~ Sagelle

Spanish speaker here! In Spanish this would be like kwa-de. Sort of like 2.5 syllables. The kwa would,be like the beginning of quad.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

My guess is that most Spanish speakers would probably pronounce Quade as either two syllables like "KWA-day" or or three-syllables like "KU-ah-day". Most letters are pronounced in Spanish so I'm thinking the three syllable option would be more intuitive.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Spanish speaker here! In Spanish this would be like kwa-de. Sort of like 2.5 syllables. The kwa would,be like the beginning of quad.
    That's what I was afraid of!!! Poo!! I really love the name Quade.

Thanks for both answers

I have known Hispanic people named James, John and William, so maybe even Quade could be accepted and the pronunciation understood ??
    James ~ Ariston

Aurelia ~ Sidra ~ Elizabeth ~ Gia ~ Julia

The others I hold close.... Quade ~ William (Liam) ~ Dresden ~ Giordana ~ Lydiana ~ Laurenza ~ Vivara ~ Fonya ~ Sagelle