Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Have you considered Linnea? A floral name like Flora, but more subtle and Scandinavian.

I have a Romanian American friend who named her daughter Lana because it worked well in multi languages...?

Oh thank you for all the name suggestions =D

Lucia - Lucia is a lovely name and it is used in Denmark as well, but I have a very close friend who's daughters name is Lucia
    Gabriella - This has long been a favourite of mine, but the nn Gabi puts me off and no El-name is usable, so Ella wouldn't do either
    Eva - We've previously talked about Eva and it was on our list for a long time, but I just can't imagine myself calling out 'Eva' anywhere
    Beatrix - Although I like this name I feel its more middle name material. Same with Beatrice
    Asta - This is an old Scandinavian name and one I like, but I can't let go of the "Asda" association (if you don't live in the UK, this is the UK branch of Walmart)
    Esther - This is the correct spelling in Danish too - but it's the name of my sisters grandmother (we don't have same dad), so that won't do. I'd take the name from them if they wanted to honour their nan.
    Selma - I love Selma! But OH can't get over the Simpsons association.
    Alba - This is one of my favourite names - but OH doesn't like the sound of it.
    Floralma - I think this over complicates two other wise beautifully simple names and these type of name fusions usually isn't to my taste
    Linnea - It is Scandinavian yes, but one I find incredible boring and bland (probably because its nothing special where I'm from :P)
    Lana - Lana would work and is a lovely name, but all I got was "superman" when I asked OH about it :P

What are your children's names if you don't mind me asking?

A shot in the dark at some suggestions (sorry if some are repeats):

Adelaide
    Adeline
    Stella
    Estella
    Lucy
    Lena
    Amelia
    Violet
    Audrey
    Evelyn
    Ruby
    Celeste
    Callista
    Sadie
    Nola
    Ada
    Fiona
    Esta (This was my great great grandmother's name)
    Vera
    Vada
    Neva
    Audra
    Winifred
    Adele
    Willa
    Hazel
    Thea
    Geneva (Could give her the nn Eva since you said you liked that name)
    Coralie
    Sylvie
    Iris
    Irene
    Thora
    Pearl
    Leora
    Iva
    June
    Wren
    Last edited by shilo; September 19th, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
    - Favorites -
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby Due June 2, 2015 -

I don't know if these help but:
    Lise
    Anya
    Elfie
    Lys
    Silvie
    Laura
    Daisy
    Faye