Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    No that won't work. It also has to work in my native language which Perrine doesn't do. I'm trying to find a name that sounds as similar in Danish and English as possible.

Confused! What's up with Miriam?

I like Flora, she's a sweet name with a lovely retro vibe. But she is daring. So I understand your concerns.

My thoughts on the names:
    Rose - she's a lovely, elegant choice. Rose is refreshing and wholesome.
    Rosalie - I love this choice, she's my favourite name at the moment, she's elegant, demure, wholesome with a gorgeous French flair.
    Clara - I really like Clara she's a lovely bluesy name. I really like the whole jazzy feel of this name.
    Esme - A lovely French name with a gorgeous sound. I also love the meaning 'love', she's an effortless choice.
    Edith - well I don't understand the negativity nor the comparison to Miriam. But I like Edith it's a lovely retro name. I love the Edie nickname.
    Sybil - Like Sybilla but not Sybil
    Nellie - Never liked Nellie sounds really unattractive. Totally unappealing.
    Isolde - gorgeous name, love the meaning 'ice ruler' the ancient sound it's just lush. But I would stay away with a son named Tristan...
    Nora - I've never been a fan of Nora for me this name feels really harsh. I prefer Cora, Cora is lovely!
    Alice - This is the same as me because of ex-best friend turned thief issues I cannot use this name but Alice is lovely.

Suggestions:
    Elizabeth
    Grace
    Alice
    Leona
    Mary
    Josephine
    Emma
    Martha
    Florence
    Tallulah
    Charlotte
    Bella
    Annie
    Dorothy
    Elsie
    Nova
    Myrtle
    Delphine
    Ida
    Minnie
    Lillian
    Olympia
    Viviana
    Avalon
    Bridget
    Anne
    Catherine
    Grace
    Ellen
    Caroline

: )

Well, I already said what it was with Miriam in a post below - I just need to edit the top post. Again, My OH finds Miriam unpleasant sounding. and All the names listed above, except Flora, are out of the running due to the reason given. =/

Elizabeth - I've never liked this name and have a very bad association to it from my younger days too I'm afraid =/
    Grace - I like Grace, but like Rose I find it bland and boring
    Leona - All I can imagine is Leona Lewis and although beautiful I know our daughter will not look anything like that, hence not fitting my "stereotype" of a Leona.
    Mary - Never liked Mary
    Josephine - Josephine is the name of my niece, so this name is out.
    Emma - Name of another niece
    Martha - Martha is not a good name where I'm from. Or at least, not considered one! it's an old name that isn't considered ready for revival
    Florence - I'm not a fan of Florence. It's too long too.
    Tallulah - Tallulah is an elephant on one of my youngest favourite cartoons, so thats a definite no.
    Charlotte - Name of my sister in law.
    Bella - No! Twilight AND bad association shuts this name out completely.
    Annie - Not a fan. Boring and bland again.
    Dorothy - Wizard of Oz, lovely movie - not something I'd use for my daughter.
    Elsie - Same as Martha.
    Nova - Too close to my youngest sons name..
    Myrtle - Can't be pronounced in a nice sounding way in my native tongue
    Delphine - Same as Myrtle.
    Ida - Name of my sister
    Minnie - I like Minnie, but OH says no.
    Lillian - Although I love Lillian this is out due to our daughter, who passed away, being named Lily.
    Olympia - I do like Greek names, but this has never grown on me.
    Viviana - It's a beautiful name, but it's a wee bit long and tongue twisting in the long run
    Avalon - I like Ava (though too popular), but Avalon isn't really my thing.
    Bridget - Can;t be pronounced in my native tongue
    Anne - Same as Grace and Annie
    Catherine - Name of my other sister in law
    Ellen - No El-names, lovely name though.
    Caroline - Name of my cousin

Oh lord I'm so picky =/

I like Flora!

Lucia reminds me of Luka and should work in Danish and English if I'm thinking right.
    ditto Gabriela/Gabriel.
    If you like Ava would Eva work? Eva should work in Danish and English.
    Felix makes me think of Beatrix - does that work? (Well, it also makes me think of Felice, but Felice probably doesn't work?)
    Jasper and Oscar make me think of Asta, Esther (which I think work? Esther spelled Ester maybe?).

Lucia
    Gabriela
    Eva
    Beatrix
    Asta
    Esther

Good luck!

Oh you like Alma and Senri - Selma? There's also Alba. And Floralma, a fusion of Flor and Alma, although it's very Spanish-y.