Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

It's a Boy - your thoughts and advice with my names

Hello all

On Monday we found out we are expecting a baby boy. We had picked out the name Matilda if baby was to be a girl. We are going to save that name for later on.

Now we are back to the drawing board for boy names. My husband and I don't like names that are too frilly. 1-2 syllables max 3 syllables are best.

Here are the names I have on my list so far:

Noah
    Theo
    Clancy
    Finlay
    Eric
    John

Could you please write your impressions of each name and add some of your own suggestions that you think we might like. Middle name will most likely be Luke (but not with John) and last name is 3 syllables beginning with O. I'm not sure if Theo O will work either.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Congratulations on having a boy!

Noah, quite popular, but popular for a reason it's a great name!
    Theo, love! But the O surname would put me off...
    Clancy, on the fence with this one. I kinda think hillbilly, but the right kid/person would probably change that if he wore it well.
    Finlay, I prefer plan Finn, but it's a nice name
    Eric, still has the old mannish feel, despite Eric Northman freshening it up.
    John, great choice. Recognizable but not common (for this generation anyway).

Suggestions:
    Robin: another familiar but not common name. I adore this name and can 100% see a son named this. My husband alas, does not.
    Hugh: fits in with your short, sweet classic boys name vibe.
    Heath
    Sean
    Peter
    Ben

Good luck!
    Last edited by tuitree; September 18th, 2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: To add suggestions

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Hmm...
    My thoughts on the names:
    Noah - a lovely wholesome classic, with a great sound. Noah is a fantastic biblical name and despite becoming popular feels refreshing. A lovely choice. Noah Luke sounds great.

Theo - a lovely elegant name. Theo is handsome, has a lot of character and feels very dignified. Theo wouldn't work with your surname though. The run of the letter 'o' is just unappealing.

Clancy - I prefer stronger names with stronger sounds. Maybe I strive for a need for slightly more modern choices concerning my boy's names. I don't know but for me Clancy doesn't fit the bill.

Finlay - I really like both Finley/Finlay it's just a wholesome, sweet name with a great sound. Finlay is a refreshing choice.

Eric - I like this name, it's retro but sound really strong and has an effortless sound. Eric is just a cool name! A strong classic that works well.

John - I really love John it's a handsome choice which seems to be really refreshing on a young infant as John seems to dying down in usage. I really like this name.

Suggestions:
    Jonah
    Benjamin
    Ryan
    Flynn
    Christopher
    Timothy
    Christian
    Grey
    Henry
    Jasper