Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for uncommon yet not too trendy or unusual name for 4th baby

We're due in about 2 months and don't have a clear choice for either gender. Seems this naming thing gets harder the more children one has!

Our daughters are Adel@ide, Ail@, and El0ise. The vowel 'theme' wasn't intentional and we aren't attached to it, though there are lots of vowel names we like.

So far our current choices that we are considering, but aren't completely sold on are:

GIRLS: Amelia (dh is leaning towards this)
    Caroline (I'm leaning more towards this with Calla as nn, though I'd prefer just to use Calla)

Clara, Aurora, Amaya, Danae are other girl names that have been thrown around during this and previous pregnancies.

Probable middles: Joy and Elizabeth (all our girls have two middles)

BOYS: Edmund, Edward, Frederick -- these all seem to be lacking something though, or we don't really like the probable nn options.

Eamon, Jude, Judah, Josiah, Justus, Jonah are names that we have discussed (most of them I prefer more than dh does). Eamon was our front runner during all our previous pregnancies and now we've kind of pushed it aside thinking it sounds a little 'weak' -- though we could probably be persuaded to reconsider it. Dh has voiced a liking for Justus, though I'm not sure if he's actually thought of it seriously.

So, any thoughts?

We generally prefer names that are somewhat classic and timeless but that aren't too commonly used these days. All three of our girls' names seem to be on the rise though. Though we haven't come across many Adelaides, there were four girls on her soccer team this year whose names started with "Ad" and most of them were called "Addy" (though we don't use that nn for our daughter).

We also do pay some attention to the meaning of the names we choose.

Looking for either someone to champion one of the choices above or, even better, to offer up something fresh that might fit the bill.

Thanks.

By what you have suggested you may like

Girls
    Emilia Joy
    Avril Elizabeth
    Edie Joy
    Amelia Joy

Emmeline- my personal fave

Olive
    Isla
    Isadora
    Octavia
    Victoria

Boys
    George
    Adam
    Clancy
    Ethan
    Damien
    Dimitri

I love Amaya and Aurora. Please keep Eamon on the table. It is a strong, masculine name and it may suit him when you finally meet him.

All of my 4 children, soon to be 5 are A names-
    and I know some people do not like it. Ours wasn't intentional either, until the 3rd pregnancy.
    We thought she was our last, but now we are pregnant with 5. Lol.

I really like Amelia and obviously, Amaya since it's my eldest daughter's name.
    Amelia Joy has a super cute ring to it.
    My Amaya's middle name is Nicole, simple but named after a friend.
    I'm also partial to Danae, because that is my almost two year old's middle name.
    Her first name is Ainsley, so that is another suggestion I'd throw at you.
    I've never met another Ainsley around here, so I love it. [Same with Amaya!]

Eamon, Jude, Justus I like [only spelled Justice].
    I would also suggest Phoenix and Journey.