Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pronunciation sadness : (

Have any of you ever encountered this problem? I've loved the name Zoe ever since I was about nine, but I thought then that it was pronounced (zo), as in Joe. Then I discovered the real pronunciation, and it took me awhile to fall in love with it again. The last couple of weeks, I've been entertaining the thought that I could use the French pronunciation of Zoé, which I thought was (zo-ay). Just goes to show you how much I know about French. Anyway, today I figured out the French pronunciation is more along the lines of (zoo-ee), and my hopes have been dashed yet again : ( So do any of you know of a legitimate name that would have such a pronunciation (zo-ay)? Thanks.

P.S. Would also like to hear your GP pronunciations : )
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

Have you ever heard of Rachel Zoe? She actually pronounces Zoe as Zo (like Joe), and I've seen it spelled with umlauts over the e.

Zo is also an option.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Er, what? Zoé, in French, is pronounced zo-AY (http://www.forvo.com/search/zo%C3%A9/fr/)
    Lucia
    travel. teach. learn.
    20-something, name aficionada
    Sela Ivy, Vivian Lilac and Bastian Ivor "Baz", Fletcher Gideon

I agree with the suggestion of Zo for a pronunciation like Joe and also that Zoé is actually pronounced Zo-AY in French.

Quote Originally Posted by lucialucentum View Post
    Er, what? Zoé, in French, is pronounced zo-AY (http://www.forvo.com/search/zo%C3%A9/fr/)
    Yerp. This exactly.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.