• Maclin

3 5.66%
  • Neither

33 62.26%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Bronson is sweet..

Lachlan / Lochlan

Macklin Bronson perhaps? or visa versa?

I actually really like it! Its original and has the cute nickname of Mack. I voted for the spelling of Macklin.

The name Macklin is not made up at all....it is a celtic boys name. It is not a girls name or "smashed" together........

Even knowing Macklin is a boys name, Macklin sounds a bit feminine to me - and I also think of Bert Macklin right away, haha! I agree that Macklin would be the more intuitive spelling of these two, though, and I love Mac! While I don't mind Macklin, I do think MacLean, MacAdam, or McDermott would all be great ways to get to Mac!

I think Bronson is a really strong option, though! It's flexible: it could go in a rugged, rough-and-tumble direction or have a preppy, clean vibe.

Since Mc- and -lyn/-lin are such overdone, popular elements of girls' names right now, Macklin feels very blah to me. I would just name him Mac or Mack. If Jack works...?
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia