Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ocea?

Ocea?

So I've been thinking about this recently, and for some reason, I really like the name Ocea. I like a lot of O - names. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever met someone with this name, and/or general thoughts about it? I've also thought of going with Oceana and just using Ocea as a nickname, but I kind of like it on its own..

Quote Originally Posted by shalexis View Post
    So I've been thinking about this recently, and for some reason, I really like the name Ocea. I like a lot of O - names. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever met someone with this name, and/or general thoughts about it? I've also thought of going with Oceana and just using Ocea as a nickname, but I kind of like it on its own..

This iis actually my young cousin's name and she wears it well. Her parents are very much hippies and she is a lovely flower-child type..very artsy and sweet. It is not really my style and when she was first born, I remember some family whispers of "Like, OSHA? The gov agency?" -- very different from the classic names used in my family, but I love the name by association!
    Last edited by sarahsmiles; September 17th, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
    The short list
    (my list criteria: classic, simple, elegant, must have family and/or cultural significance)

Boys list: Simon, Max, Benjamin, Joseph, Jonah*
    Girls list: Jane, Miriam, Ruth, Ann*

Oceana is so gorgeous, plus would give a child more room to pick their own nickname. Ocea would make a better nickname.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I'm on the fence with this one. It could be quite sweet, but Oceana nn Ocea is nice too.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    If I heard Ocea, I would immediately think OSHA.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe