Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

6 weeks to go. Help give an honest opinion!!

I have got my list if names, all twenty of them. So I got a lot of names, the reason I got so many is my DH is the fan of the word veto!

Audrey/ Aubrey- Audrey has just came on the list but one of my top names so far!

Genevieve- Very pretty, but worried about mispronunciation

Lydia- see Audrey

Alice- Been on this list for a while. It's losing its feel.

Francesca- Love this name but I'm worried about her being called 'Frankie'

Imogen- see Alice

Daisy- see Audrey and Lydia

Charlotte- I love this but DH doesn't. Still trying to persuade him!

Molly- see Audrey, Lydia and Daisy

Penelope- I'm not usually worried about popularity. But my friend is calling her baby Penelope and she is due 2 weeks after me so. It's a no no.

Rose- Would use this as a middle. My Nana is called Rose.

Olive- DH doesn't like it!

Poppy- I'm currently liking flower names.

Evelyn- We got this suggestion from 'tori101' and when I was talking to DH. We realised that it would honor our mums sort of...
    Lynette and Evita?

Victoria- DH likes this a lot. So do I!

Aurora- Beautiful name and beautifully spelt but... Saying it sounds wrong.

Vivienne- DH said " I didn't know we where having a 50 year old!"

Laurel- see Vivienne

Lucy- see Aurora

Millie- Feel like it's TOO popular. I know about 6 Millie/ Millys under 5!

So be critical on the names. If you don't like it say you don't. Would love if you suggested some middle names too!
    Last edited by teddybear03; September 22nd, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
    Teddy & Spence
    =

Samuel Crispin 'Sam' 09/10/10
    Expecting a grapette dd 03/11/13

13/05/08- The day I lost an angel, Joseph Spencer X

Audrey/ Aubrey- I like Audrey, I dislike Aubrey.

Genevieve- The pronunciation is an issue with this name, since it has to legitimate pronunciations. Are you using Zhan-vee-ehv or Gen-uh-veev? I prefer the former.

Lydia- This name is strong but sweet. I adore it.

Alice- If you're not as in love with it as you used to be, don't use it. It is a lovely and classic name though.

Francesca- If you don't call her Frankie I doubt anyone else will. I think Chessie is a cute nickname.

Imogen- I don't love this name myself. It doesn't feel like it has any warmth to it- does that sound weird?

Daisy- I love Daisy, although it is a little cutesy for an adult.

Charlotte- If DH doesn't love it, then don't use it. Maybe he'll use it for a middle?

Molly- I'm neutral on this name. It's okay. Nothing special, in my opinion, I think you have better names on your list.

Penelope- A nice name, but I wouldn't use it if my friend was.

Rose- I love this name as a middle, especially since it has significance to you and isn't just a filler.

Olive- Too bad DH doesn't like it- I think this name has so much quirky charm. It makes me think of Olive Snook from the tv show Pushing Daisies.

Poppy- I don't love Poppy. It's a bit too cutesy in my opinion.

Evelyn- It's nice that this name honors both of your mothers. I would consider using it as a middle.

Victoria- A charming classic.

Aurora- I agree, Aurora sounds weird when said aloud. Too many rs.

Vivienne- This name does scream "OLD PERSON" to some people, but it's definitely making a comeback. I prefer the Vivian spelling.

Laurel- I prefer Laura.

Lucy- I don't care for Lucy because to me it only fits a young, cute kid. There's a girl in my school named Lucy who's tall with huge muscles as well as very humorless and the name just doesn't fit her at all.

Millie- I actually don't know anyone named Millie. As alternatives, how about Tillie, Minnie, Mitzi, or Maisie?

Audrey/Aubrey- Audrey is classy. Aubrey is her downmarket sister (in North America anyway). Combo: Audrey Caroline.
    Genevieve - What way are you pronouncing it? English or French? I shouldn't think the English way would be a problem. Combo: Genevieve Clara.
    Lydia - not a favourite of mine but a fine literary name of depth and history. Combo: Lydia Grace.
    Alice - I love this name. I'm biased. It's my middle name. Combo: Alice Violet.
    Imogen - a Shakespearean gem. Combo: Imogen Pearl.
    Daisy- I like it best as a nn for Marguerite. Combo: Daisy Matilda.
    Charlotte - Keep trying to get your DH to come around. I love Charlotte. It's elegant and ladylike with a great literary connection. Combo: Charlotte Ivy.
    Molly- it's sweet but maybe it works best for a nickname for Mary. Combo: Molly Beatrix.
    Rose- Good middle name to honour your Nana. How about Rosalind, Rosamund, Rosalie or Rosaline? Combo: Rose Emmeline.
    Evelyn- A creative way to honour two people close to you. It could totally be a unique way to honour Lynette and Evita. Combo: Evelyn Rose would honour three people in one combo!
    Victoria- majestic. Combo: Victoria Ines.
    Lucy - spunky and easier to say than Aurora. Do you like Lucia, Lucille or Lucinda? Combo: Lucy Winifred.

I would eliminate....

Francesca- I just prefer the down-to-earth Frances so much more.
    Penelope- no stealing from friends. What about Daphne, Phoebe, Calliope, Persephone, Felicity or Verity?
    Poppy- A lot of people call their fathers or grandfathers this name. Popular in England but to be it lacks solidness (eg. it doesn't sound like an adult and we do spend most of our lives in adulthood). There is Iris, Violet, Zinnia, Azalea and Linnea for alternatives.
    Aurora- I'm not a fan of the r's in this name and I don't like the way it sounds either.
    Vivienne- if DH thinks it's old, then cut it.
    Olive- see Vivienne
    Laurel- see Vivienne
    Millie - I know "nicknames as full names" trend is all the rage in the UK but it's a trend I don't like. Millie is too nicknamey. I like it as a nn for Millicent or Camille/Camilla. If you know so many, I would give it a pass.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Of these I would keep:

Genevieve
    Lydia
    Alice
    Francesca
    Imogen
    Daisy
    Charlotte
    Rose
    Evelyn
    Laurel

Laurel is probably my favourite None of them are terrible though, these are just names I find more suited to my personal taste.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Would love to reply but WAY to tired and I want to go into detail, so for now thanks and goodnight!
    Teddy & Spence
    =

Samuel Crispin 'Sam' 09/10/10
    Expecting a grapette dd 03/11/13

13/05/08- The day I lost an angel, Joseph Spencer X