Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! Need a name for our first daughter

Hubby and I are expecting our third child which will be our first GIRL! Big brothers are Braden and Carter. We are trying to find a name that flows with theirs but is still feminine and not too popular. Our picks so far are:

Sadie (my fav)
    Harper (hubby's fav but fear it may be getting too popular)
    Elsie (thought it was a cute old-fashioned name but not sure how it would mature)
    Adelyn (different and like the nn Addie)

Any other ideas would be appreciated!!

My favorite is Sadie! it's sweet and spunky, I think! An 'A' name would be cute, though, since then you'd have an A, B, and C. I don't personally love Adelyn, but there are so many pretty A names - Adair, Arianne, Autumn, Aspen, Ailish, Athena, etc... (Plus I think Addie is quite popular now!). Other options might be names with an R and A, or an E and R in them, like your boys' name....Harper fits very well, but it is super popular. I like Elsie - it is very sweet and I think you could always name her Elsa for when she's older. I've also heard of people calling their daughter's Elsie who are actually named L- C- ...as in Lark Corinne or Lucia Clementine, etc....Other options might be Meadow, Scarlett, Jemma, Lark, Lilac, Daisy, Daphne, or Marlowe. Good Luck!

Sadie and Elsie are my favorites!

My favorite might be Adelyn - also like the ABC as a pp said, and I prefer full names with nicknames.

Sadie is sweet but sounds a bit like Braden and again, I'm kind of biased against nicknames as names, although really it's fine - it's a little close to Braden, but ultimately it's not TOO close. Sarah nn Sadie would get a stronger vote from me.

Similarly with Elsie - I think it would age fine enough, but Elsa would age better. And you could call her Elsie. Elsie might also work as a nickname for Elisabeth, Elisa, Elise, Eloisa, Elsbeth (but I think Elsa works best with Braden and Carter, although Elisabeth and Elisa work pretty well). I think, as nicknames as full names go, Sadie wears better than Elsie.

Harper, I'd let got of - besides your popularity concerns, it sounds too much like Carter for me!

I like Adeline, but not really with the lyn ending. I think Elsa nn Elsie would be nice. But out of your choice ( not my suggestions) I think Sadie is the clear winner with your sons names.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*