Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maria to honor a Rhea?

My grandmother has done so much for me and when I have a child I do want to honor her, but her name is so unpleasant and there is a bad nickname attached to it. I've been thinking about using her initials, but names that I like with her initials are few. Her middle I don't like very much either. It has the same sound at the end of it as her first name and makes me think of the word "Gory". Her last name isn't the type of name you can use as a first/middle name either. I've been thinking of names that end in Ria/Rhea recently, but the only one I like is Maria. I've thought of Rhiannon, but I don't like it enough to use and the sound is a bit off.

What do you think of Maria to honor a Rhea? What are your general thoughts on Maria?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I would really love some opinions on using Maria to honor a Rhea.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I think it's perfect! It's an obvious honor to me, which I like more than using initials. It even sounds a bit like My Rhea if you really want to sell it hard to anyone who doesn't get the connection right away. I think Rhianon is a bit difficult to say as it's so R heavy. Maria is simple & sweet & rather rare on a little one.

Other possibilities:
    Aria
    Brea
    Victoria
    Rya (Rye-uh)

Good luck!

That's so weird, I just posted about the exact same thing! I was looking for alternative for Rhea, my grandma's name as well. I like Rya but I was afraid it sounded too made-up, or Rheane but I'm afraid it's too close to singer Rihanna. Maria isn't my personal favorite, but it is a pretty name and I don't think it's too much of a stretch. I think it's the thought that counts anyway, right? Go for it

I think it works perfectly. Any name including the Ria sound would honour your grandmother, and I love Maria - so underused nowadays, and I once met the cutest little Maria which has just sold me on the name. I find Marie/Maria a bit outdated as middles, but as a first name I think it's back to being fresh again.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George