Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I definitely like Simon. Simeon reminds me of Gideon and I dislike that name as well, so, Simon wins. I always resonated Simon as a biblical name, but I haven't researched the name, so I'm sure there are other Simon factoid I've yet to learn. Many names have more than one origin, or the meaning of the name varies from one ethnic background to another.

Quote Originally Posted by maepae View Post
    I think Simeon is a bit of an unnecessary syllable if Simon is also considered as a possibility. And for the record I don't consider Simon to be a "Bible" name at all, no more than I consider it a Macedonian name.
    @maepae - Simon Peter was one of Jesus Christ's apostles. He is featured prominently in the New Testament Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles and is venerated as a saint and the first Pope by the Catholic Church. If that's not a Bible name I don't know what is.

I used to like Simeon when I was a teenager until someone pointed out that it was too similar to the word "simian" or ape-like. I used to play "Simon Says" as a child. Simon Cowell is my association nowadays (not a fave).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Both names are gorgeous but indicate a different style. If you like the sleek, handsome preppy style then Simon is the go but if you love the older style Biblical names then Simeon is a winner.

rollo
    Psalm 23

I like Simon much better, as I also tend to think "ape-like" when I hear Simeon.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I used to like Simeon when I was a teenager until someone pointed out that it was too similar to the word "simian" or ape-like.
    I've never been very fond of Simon, but this is the reason why Simeon isn't on my list. He's such a wonderful biblical character, it's too bad about the homophone.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin