Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ALL OF THEM need to be revived…

I don’t love all of them but they are all beautiful and classic in their own right and much better than a lot of ‘modern’ names in my opinion. Those are the most beautiful; the names that come from an older and greater era (whether it be the Victorian era, Viking era, ancient Greece, Rome or Egypt or Biblical times) and still have that aura of vintage beauty.

When I picture an old black and white picture of a young man or woman dressed up in 18th/19th/early 20th century clothing I swoon. And those kinds of names are exactly what give me that image.

Anywho (sorry for the rant haha) my favorites are (which I might use for middle names)

Agatha
    Araminta
    Beatrice (I am definitely using this for a middle name if I have a daughter)
    Bridget
    Clementine
    Dorothy
    Edith
    Eleanora
    Eugenia/Eugenie
    Flora
    Florence
    Georgiana
    Georgina
    Helena
    Iris (I’ve been really obsessed with this name lately...)
    Isadora
    Ivy
    Jane
    Jemima
    Josephine
    Mabel
    Margaret
    Margot
    Martha
    Matilda
    Octavia
    Rosamund/Rosamond
    Rosemary
    Susannah
    Sylvia
    Tabitha (considering this as a first name if I have two girls)

Sorry for the long post haha (Any names I didn’t write down as my favourites still need to be revived)
    ~♥~ Amanda ~♥~
    A proud mom to one little monkey named Cato

Quote Originally Posted by mandanyx View Post
    ALL OF THEM need to be revived…

I don’t love all of them but they are all beautiful and classic in their own right and much better than a lot of ‘modern’ names in my opinion. Those are the most beautiful; the names that come from an older and greater era (whether it be the Victorian era, Viking era, ancient Greece, Rome or Egypt or Biblical times) and still have that aura of vintage beauty.

When I picture an old black and white picture of a young man or woman dressed up in 18th/19th/early 20th century clothing I swoon. And those kinds of names are exactly what give me that image.

Anywho (sorry for the rant haha) my favorites are (which I might use for middle names)

Agatha
    Araminta
    Beatrice (I am definitely using this for a middle name if I have a daughter)
    Bridget
    Clementine
    Dorothy
    Edith
    Eleanora
    Eugenia/Eugenie
    Flora
    Florence
    Georgiana
    Georgina
    Helena
    Iris (I’ve been really obsessed with this name lately...)
    Isadora
    Ivy
    Jane
    Jemima
    Josephine
    Mabel
    Margaret
    Margot
    Martha
    Matilda
    Octavia
    Rosamund/Rosamond
    Rosemary
    Susannah
    Sylvia
    Tabitha (considering this as a first name if I have two girls)

Sorry for the long post haha (Any names I didn’t write down as my favourites still need to be revived)
    I really want to love Dorothy, maybe someday I'll get past the 'No Place Like Home' connections I'm so happy you seem to love the same as me! Martha and Agatha are favourites of mine!
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

I have a two year old Agatha so obviously I'm a big fan of that! :-)

I love most of the names on your list but especially Iris, Martha, Helena, Florence and Harriet (which is my no.1 choice if we have another girl).

My absolute fave is Helena.
    I also like Augusta.

If I had to bet, those would be the only 2 I bet on.

Margaret is still relatively popular so I don't think it ever faded from grace.
    Matilda is also coming back but Heath Ledger did that all on his own as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by titch View Post
    I have a two year old Agatha so obviously I'm a big fan of that! :-)

I love most of the names on your list but especially Iris, Martha, Helena, Florence and Harriet (which is my no.1 choice if we have another girl).
    Agatha's a definite favourite of mine! I know it gets a fair amount of negative criticism on here, but I think on the right little girl, Agatha, and all it's Victorian, historic charms would be brilliant . I know parents in England and Wales are using it more, it placed in the top 1000 for both 2011 and 2012!
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.