Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Agreed, these are some great names. I believe both Cora and Cecilia are up in popularity in the States. I know a young woman in her early 20s named Agatha, and she really rocks it. And you know what, I also know young women in their 20s named Cora and Cecilia! Very pretty, romantic names. Some of my favorite names are on this list:

Cecilia
    Harriet
    Iris
    Jane
    Margot

Frances (a family name for me), Slyvia and Helena are also lovely. In fact I don't think I dislike any of these names, except for one that is based on a bad association of someone I know but that has nothing to do with the quality of the name itself for other people.

Favorites:

Beatrice— For sure this one will be revived. It's already on an upswing over the last decade. I like it.
    Beatrix— On my list. I love that it adds a freshness to Beatrice, and yet is classic, mostly due to the Potter association (which is so sweet).
    Clementine— A GP for me. I don't think it works on a grown adult, as cute as it is for a little girl. I do think it could be revived, though.
    Cecilia— I love this probably as much as I love Cecily, but could never bring myself to use it due to the meaning—"blind one!"
    Cora— Vintage yet modern sounding. It doesn't have quite enough oomph for me to use it personally. I prefer Coralie.
    Delphine— The only thing I don't love about this name is that it doesn't have the greatest nn possibilities.
    Edith— I love this name. Edie is just so adorable on a girl and still lovely for a grown woman.
    Eleanora— I could definitely see this one rising in popularity, since Eleanor has already come back and -a names are popular. I prefer Leonora.
    Georgiana/Georgina— I think I prefer just Georgia, but I love the rich sound of these names.
    Harriet— I've loved this name since I was a girl and loved the Harriet the Spy book/movie. Back then it would have been unusual to bust out this vintage classic, but now I don't think people would bat an eye. I still love this name and love nn Hattie even more.
    Helena— I have a friend by this name and it is just so lovely. Pronounced "huh-LEEN-uh." Absolutely gorgeous.
    Iris— On my list. I love the association with the flower, and the history and significance of that.
    Ivy— Also on my list. I usually don't prefer very short names, but this one has just captured me somehow! I love the imagery it evokes.
    Mabel— I think this one could definitely grow in popularity. It's rather cute.
    Josephine— I adore this. It's a family name for me and I might consider it even though I have an acquaintance who used it for her daughter.
    Olive— I have a friend who used this for her daughter (after her husband's grandmother) and I am so in love. It fits right in given the popularity of Olivia, but it is worlds ahead of it in terms of charm and uniqueness.
    Susannah— So underused! It hasn't been in the top 1000 for decades. I love the NB description: "Susannah has biblical and musical pedigrees, is impervious to trends, and has an irresistible, flowing rhythm."

Don't care for but do think could be revived:

Bridget
    Augusta
    Christabel
    Cordelia
    Dorothy
    Estella
    Flora
    Florence
    Frances
    Gwendoline
    Henrietta
    Hermione
    Isadora
    Jane
    Keziah
    Lucinda
    Margaret
    Margot
    Marianne
    Matilda
    Mercy
    Rosamond
    Rosemary
    Sylvia
    Tabitha

Don't think has a chance at revival:

Agatha
    Agnes
    Araminta
    Cosima
    Eugenia/Eugenie
    Honora/Honoria
    Jemima
    Martha
    Millicent
    Octavia
    Two pink lines means we're now planning and not just dreaming of names! First babe, due 4/17.

Mattias Leo, Leander James, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George
    Arietta June, Leonora Pearl, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Mae

Not ready- NR
    Ready- R
    Agatha- NR
    Agnes- NR
    Araminta- NR
    Augusta- R
    Beatrice- R...and LOVE!
    Beatrix- R
    Bridget- R...and LOVE!
    Cecilia- R
    Christabel- R
    Clementine- R
    Cora- R
    Cordelia- R
    Cosima- NR
    Delphine- NR
    Dorothy- NR
    Edith- NR
    Eleanora- R
    Estella- NR
    Eugenia/Eugenie- NR
    Flora- NR
    Florence- NR
    Frances-NR
    Georgiana- R
    Georgina- R
    Gwendoline- R
    Harriet- R, but only for the nn Hattie. Harriett on its' own isnt ready for a comeback
    Helena- R
    Henrietta- N
    Hermione- R
    Honora/Honoria- NR
    Iris- R
    Isadora- NR
    Ivy- R...and love!
    Jane-R...and LOVE!
    Jemima-NR
    Josephine- R...and love!
    Keziah- never ready
    Lucinda- R
    Mabel- R
    Margaret- R...and love!
    Margot- R
    Marianne-R
    Martha-NR
    Matilda--R
    Mercy-R
    Millicent-NR
    Octavia-NR
    Olive-NR
    Rosamond-R
    Rosemary-R
    Susannah-R....and LOVE!
    Sylvia-NR (though Sylvie is.)
    Tabitha-R

If I had any say about it, these (and only these!) would be revived:

Agnes
    Araminta
    Augusta
    Beatrix
    Cecilia
    Cora
    Cordelia
    Cosima
    Delphine
    Edith
    Georgiana
    Helena
    Honora
    Iris
    Ivy
    Jane
    Josephine
    Lucinda (don't love Lucinda--or Lucy--so much as other long Lucy names I've fallen for--like Lucilla, Lucia, and even Louisa/Luciana...)
    Mercy
    Olive
    Rosamond
    Sylvia

I like Gwendoline (gwen-doh-leen?) and Hermione, too, but I prefer Gwendolyn to Gwendoline, and I would keep Hermione as a middle. It's just too tied to Harry Potter for me. The others aren't bad--I'm just a wee bit sick of hearing the likes of Beatrice, Susannah, Eloise, Mabel, etc. on Nameberry. Nice names, but I never "got" them and don't really love them, and I would be quite happy if they never caught on in the real world! Objectively, they're nice names--just not for me.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I just went through and categorized. I tried to be objective--classified a few names I absolutely loathe as "fresh." A few of them struck me as just plain dated (rather than particularly associated with Victorian/Georgian eras) so I starred* those. Favorites are bolded.

Fresh:
    Araminta
    Beatrice
    Beatrix

Cecilia
    Christabel
    Clementine
    Cora
    Cordelia
    Cosima
    Delphine
    Eleanora
    Estella
    Flora
    Georgiana
    Gwendoline
    Hermione
    Honora/Honoria
    Iris
    Isadora
    Ivy
    Jane
    Jemima
    Josephine
    Keziah
    Lucinda
    Margaret
    Margot
    Matilda
    Octavia

Olive
    Rosamond
    Rosemary
    Susannah
    Sylvia

Mothballs:
    Agatha
    Agnes
    Dorothy
    Edith
    Eugenia/Eugenie
    Florence
    Frances
    Georgina*
    Harriet
    Henrietta
    Mabel
    Martha
    Mercy
    Millicent

Borderline:
    Augusta
    Bridget*
    Helena
    Marianne*
    Tabitha
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr