Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Can I just say how much I love hearing everyone's personal experience of fighting within their family and their current relationship? It's rare that people talk so openly about these more volatile parts of ourselves. There's so much to learn from each other, and so many ways to practice relationship. Thanks, NB community =)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    Well in this instance you're right & he's wrong
    Thanks, Taz! Your check is in the mail. In all seriousness, this is a theme we argue about often. He hates confrontation, and letting people down. It was his coworker, and he didn't want her to be upset with him for not going, so he wanted to put it off and then have some sort of emergency excuse as to why he didn't show up. This is why we're not married, and why I hate weddings in general. There is so much pressure! I doubt his coworker gave a flying frak if he came or not, she invited like 500 people, and probably felt obligated to invite us as well as every other person she's ever known. We keep joking about eloping and just being done with it, but then there's that little part of me that feels like I'm robbing my mum of a wedding (I'm her only daughter, and I'm pretty sure my brother is going to be a bachelor for life). Ugh! Weddings! Anyway, that's way off topic.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    Thanks, Taz! Your check is in the mail. In all seriousness, this is a theme we argue about often. He hates confrontation, and letting people down. It was his coworker, and he didn't want her to be upset with him for not going, so he wanted to put it off and then have some sort of emergency excuse as to why he didn't show up. This is why we're not married, and why I hate weddings in general. There is so much pressure! I doubt his coworker gave a flying frak if he came or not, she invited like 500 people, and probably felt obligated to invite us as well as every other person she's ever known. We keep joking about eloping and just being done with it, but then there's that little part of me that feels like I'm robbing my mum of a wedding (I'm her only daughter, and I'm pretty sure my brother is going to be a bachelor for life). Ugh! Weddings! Anyway, that's way off topic.
    I basically had a wedding for my mother and his mother. The day he proposed I said, "Hey, we should just elope!". But then after the announcement everyone was so excited about a wedding and my parents basically paid for the whole thing as simple as it was.

I say, elope and then let your mom plan the reception exactly as she wants and don't stress about it! Being married is truly lovely and I'm so glad we got married, the wedding was fun but completely unnecessary as far as I'm concerned.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

My wedding was totally my mom's & grandmother's! I had fun but none of it felt like "me" or "us" except the few things I insisted on that my whole family rolled their eyes at! I don't know if I would've eloped, but I would've done it my own way if I had a do-over.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkballerina View Post

We do argue about the children more than I would like. He tends to say yes to something after I've already said no several times and it drives me absolutely insane, I don't want Amelie going to daddy when mummy says no. We should be a united front, but he feels guilty about his long working hours and finds it difficult to say no to her because of this.
    Thats what me and my siblings used to do. My dad doesn't say no as often as my mum and it would annoy my mum when we did it.

My parents do fight sometimes but not enough to make me or my little siblings feel threatened, I haven't had a boyfriend (I'm 14) but i do get that its normal to fight. Your living so close to someone there is likely to be some disagreements.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com