Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: PCOS, help?

PCOS, help?

Hi
    I have PCOS, and have had the diagnosis two years ago. My fiancee and I aren´t trying to get pregnant (quite hard in a long distance relationship haha) But I was wondering if any of you could help me with some advices about how you are handeling you PCOS. Doctor told me that I didn´t need to start a diet, but to watch my weight. I take Metformin twice a day, and birthcontrol pills, since they are supposed to help me?
    Any advice is very welcome
    Thank you!

I have just been "almost" diagnosed. I went in and had blood work done and got a call yesterday referring me to an endocrinologist because they suspected that I had PCOS. My husband and I are currently ttc so I went off BC in May. I have an appointment with the endocrinologist next Wednesday. When I went off the pill I had AF in June and haven't had another one since. I think that you are probably doing everything right. The birth control will keep everything working properly because it stalls the symptoms of PCOS or at least that's what my doctor told me. As long as you are maintaining a healthy weight, exercising, and eating right...I don't think there is much else you can do at this point.

My doctor didn't give me a diet exactly, but he said to avoid carbs, sugars, and starchy foods.

I was just diagnosed with pcos on Sept. 9, and am overweight about 60 lbs. So my dr put me on a diet, only complex carbs, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and lean meat for protein. Said I should lose about 20-30 lbs before getting pregnant. Yep, I am to also avoid, sugars and starchy foods. I am to exercise but not vigorously.