Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bramwell? Middle suggestions please

Hi all,
    Have grown tired of a lot of my previous choices for boys but suddenly rediscovered Bramwell today and am seriously swooning. Any suggestions for middles? My husband would quite like an ancient middle - Greek/Roman/Classics era type name in the middle spot. I lean towards shorter (1/2 syllable) middles but that's not compulsory.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas, Callahan, Caius, Ezra, Bram, Atticus, Aspen, Sylvan, Constantine, Perrin & Pascoe
    Lyra, Elodie, Elowen, Isis, Artemis, Sylvia, Vesper, Anouk, Willa, Cassia, Elka & Sage

Bramwell is very handsome indeed! Mila and Bramwell, I like it!

Bramwell Pax (Roman Goddess of light, but I think most people think of it as a male name now)
    Bramwell Cato
    Bramwell Pius
    Bramwell Sol
    Bramwell Chiron
    Bramwell Caius
    Bramwell Rufus
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Ooh, so many good ones. I love:

Bramwell Pax
    Bramwell Cato
    Bramwell Caius and
    Bramwell Atlas. I know DH is keen on Atlas too although I worry people would think it is a reference to Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shrugged, which puts me off a bit. Anyone else have that association?

My husband's other pick would probably be Bramwell Tiberius as he's mentioned that as a middle before, I'm still on the fence about it though. Can't decide if it's too much name.

Ottilie, how is Pius pronounced? Do you know much about the name?

Thank you both for your suggestions!
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas, Callahan, Caius, Ezra, Bram, Atticus, Aspen, Sylvan, Constantine, Perrin & Pascoe
    Lyra, Elodie, Elowen, Isis, Artemis, Sylvia, Vesper, Anouk, Willa, Cassia, Elka & Sage

Pius is pronounced PAI-uhs. It means pious/devout, but not in the religious sense, more as someone affectionate, loyal, honest, kind. It was a pretty common cognomen (the third name of the Ancient Romans, often a nickname). It belonged to Emperor Antonius, one of the really good Roman Emperors, he saved a lot of senators that had been wrongfully sentenced to death, he did a lot of things for the arts and philosophers, he was a very peaceful and inspirational leader. Not a bad namesake.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]