Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you! I am still struggling with name remorse ....it is consuming me and I really wish I could move on. I do know there are many many worse things that can happen in life and I need to be thankful that I have healthy children but I wish I could go back 2 years and call her a name that doesn't start with an E. It would seem crazy to a lot of people I know and I wish I had the confidence to "unsee" the initials (which are EVL for those of you who don't know) as bad but I can't, I feel like a terrible mother! We had all the choices in the world and chose that one. Just so you know also that up until 6 months ago changing her name didn't even enter my mind. (although Emma wasn't my first choice but my husband loved it and he didn't like many or actually "any" others) It wasn't until 2 people commented on her initials which made me think "hey, this could be a real problem for her" and if she was younger I would not hesitate in changing her first name at all. I would still keep Emma Josephine as two middle names but definitely choose a different FN.

sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record.... its nice to be able to ask for suggestions on here as opposed to my friends and family as I think they'd disown me by now!! I will go to them when and if I have a solution or make any changes.

Anyway, still trying to figure it all out. Appreciate any more suggestions......
    Last edited by tam123; September 19th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

So I'm guessing Louise was a bad suggestion! Haha. Can't you do a switch-a-roo? Josephine Emma? Josephine Emiliana, Josephine Emmeline? You can still call her by her middle, lots of people go by their middles. Emmy's a cute nickname, or just Emme. Emma Josephine Rose, Emma Josephine Prudence, Emma Josephine Joy, Emma Iris Josephine, Emma Josephine Clemence, Emma Josephine Daisy, Emma Josephine Ruby, Emma Josephine Florence.

For what it's worth, I changed my daughter's name a few months after her birth. I know how it feels to have given your baby the wrong name .
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    So I'm guessing Louise was a bad suggestion! Haha. Can't you do a switch-a-roo? Josephine Emma? Josephine Emiliana, Josephine Emmeline? You can still call her by her middle, lots of people go by their middles. Emmy's a cute nickname, or just Emme. Emma Josephine Rose, Emma Josephine Prudence, Emma Josephine Joy, Emma Iris Josephine, Emma Josephine Clemence, Emma Josephine Daisy, Emma Josephine Ruby, Emma Josephine Florence.

For what it's worth, I changed my daughter's name a few months after her birth. I know how it feels to have given your baby the wrong name .
    Thank you! Yes. I do like Louise (ha ha!), actually my husband suggested this in the beginning but as his cousin was called Louise I said "no". Oh my......if em was that little bit younger I would not hesitate in changing her name at all. I would keep the Emma Josephine but definitely add a new FN. I'm just struggling (in case you hadn't noticed!) with if I can do it now. What is best for her? I guess if she goes by Emma as her middle name anyway why does Josephine have to go at the front? Why cant it be Ruby "Emma" Josephine or ? She gets called buttercup so often she probably thinks that's her real name anyway! She is the most adorable, loveable little girl and I feel so bad that her name has become such an issue. I just want to love it and not worry about it. I know I cant protect her forever and from whatever but the least I can do is get her name right!! So glad you got to change your childs name if you felt it wasn't right, must have been a relief!
    Last edited by tam123; September 19th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Oh, you are so right. Ruby Emma Josephine would be sweet. Or anything else. Maybe you could put Emma Josephine in the middle and chose a name related to buttercups in the first spot?

Celandine Emma Josephine - for the Lesser Celandine
    Blossom Emma Josephine
    Menyn Emma Josephine - Welsh for buttercup
    Thora Emma Josephine - for the Thora Buttercup
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Didn't people notice her initials when you signed her up for a class or something? If you change her name around and still call her Emma, her initials on informal paperwork will still be EVL.

Her name hasn't become an issue. It's only become an issue to you. I doubt she'll care at all. Besides, like I said in another thread of yours, EVL is love backwards. EVL aren't even *that* bad. If it was A$S, I'd completely understand. But it's not.

I know a lot of people go by their middle names but I've read a few things in the last few weeks saying that it can make things hard if you're traveling, or need to fill out bureaucratic paperwork for anything.

Is her surname hyphenated or Dutch and VanL----? If it's the latter, her initials aren't VL, they're just V.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey