Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

International Name Trends

Recently Anna from Waltzing More Than Matilda posted this:

http://waltzingmorethanmatilda.com/2...l-name-trends/

I was wondering if you were thinking about using any of these names would it affect your decision? Negative/Positive.

And what you found interesting about the article. Australia, it seems, is ahead of international trends. Although this is most likely because of our small population compared to the US and UK.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

The rise of Braxton is truly remarkable. My friends nephew is a Braxton but born in 2011. I'm really getting tired of Emily though.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; July 28th, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    And am I the only one that finds Braxton really odd? Braxton Hicks contractions?!
    Nope, not the only one! I always have that thought when I see this name. And I agree with the other stuff you said as well .
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I don't really get how Australia is furthest ahead in international trends. How do you measure that? These names are in our top 100 but not yours, therefore we're ahead of the trends? We're all ahead and behind each other in our respective trends and I think it's very dependent on how names are perceived in the individual countries, for example: Country A might have Name X in its top 100 first, but that may be because in Countries B & C, Name X is seen as ridiculous/dated/offensive etc.
    I get your point. Perhaps it would be best to ask Anna (who wrote the blog) how she came to her conclusion.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair