Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naming My Twins

Naming My Twins

Evenie, Everly or Elodie? Lydia, Emilia or Cassia? Or Aria or Rosalie? HELP me name my twins please! Evie and Lia, is it possible to find two longer names to go with these cute nn, but that work together in style without sounding too similar?

Last time, I posted a poll, and I was shocked, and a bit disappointed, by the clear winner. I am having twin girls, and had made some pairs. The options were Elodie Kate, Cassia Jane, Rosalie Kate, Lydia Jane, Everly Kate, Aria Jane, Averie Catalina, Emilia Jane, Everly Catalina and Aurelia Jane. The pair that won was Lydia Jane and Rosalie Kate. I love Lydia, but not sure about Rosalie.

I've had my heart set on the nicknames Evie and Lia, and was hoping to find longer names to go with them. Lydia can have the nn Lia, but what about Evie? Then I found the name Evenie (Evan-ee). And I love it. What are your thoughts on Evenie Kate and Lydia Jane? Would Evanie Kate be better than Evenie (I don't think so, but open to hear your thoughts!). Also, feel free to mix around the names I already have and try to think of pairs. I think I'm going to eliminate Aurelia Jane and Averie Catalina.

So...
    1. Evenie Kate and Lydia Jane? or Evenie and a different "Lia" name?
    2. Evenie or Evanie?
    3. If you totally hate Evenie, what are some combinations out of the names Elodie, Cassia, Rosalie, Lydia, Everly, Aria, Emilia and Everly. Pr do you have any other name suggestions? Middle names must be Jane and some form of Katherine (Kate, Kaitlyn, Katerina, Catalina ect.) I do not want to use Kate/Jane as first names.

Thank you for all your time!
    p.s. Evangeline, Eva, Eve, Evelyn, and Genevieve are all no's. So please don't suggest them!
    Last edited by waverly1234; September 16th, 2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: adding in the p.s.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

What do you think about Evangeline as the full name for Evie? Just a thought - I really love that name!

Evenie is nms. Sounds too much like evening when I say it.

I love Lydia Jane. Lydia has been a favorite name for me for a while. I think it hits the sweet spot of familiar but not so common, little kid cute and grown up lady serious and teenager cool.

I like Everly Kate of your Evie options. Everly is a little more modern sounding than Lydia, but not jarringly so. I like that they would share the ly letters, but it different spots. A very subtle matching. Kate and Jane as middles both feel sweet and fresh.

Have you considered Evangeline for Evie? Eva? Eve?

Evangeline Kate and Lydia Jane
    Eva Kate and Lydia Jane
    Eva Katherine and Lydia Jane
    Eve Catalina and Lydia Jane

@sophiamargaret - No, I've thought about Evangeline for a long time, and I'm ok with it, but DH is really against it. And he's pretty open to most names, so I don't want to push this one. We've considered most of the more obvious Evie names too : Evelyn - too common, Genevieve (he dated a girl named Genevieve in university, so he's totally against this name), Eve (my friend's name, so that's not possible, too many other friends would be upset if I called my daughter this! haha).
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

@lemonthistle - we've considered Evangeline and Eva they are both no's. I'm so glad you like Everly! I do too, but most Berries don't (or those who answered earlier), and my DH wasn't loving it, so I didn't know. I was convinced for about a day (2 or 3 months ago I think), that I was going to name them Everly and Lydia. Then everyone said ummm naw.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)