Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best middle name with Jana?

Hi All,
    We find out in 10 days what we are having and we want to announce the baby's name along with the gender. (As you can tell from my signature, we STILL don't have our girl name!) Anyway, we are set (finally!) on baby's first name, Jana, in honor of my mother, but we can't seem to agree on a middle name we both like. I've listed potential family names we like, but aren't in love with, and feel free to add more you think sound good with Jana. Our last name is 2 syllables, so we only want a mn with 1 or 3 syllables, to break up the flow. Also, our last name is German and has a harsh K sound. Also, no mns that start with 'A'. Please be sure to include which mn you like best from our family list, as family names are really important to us. Thanks for your help!

Jana Catherine
    Jana Lillian
    Jana Cecilia
    Jana Dorothy
    Jana Elizabeth
    Jana Caroline
    Jana Wilhelmina
    Jana Maeve
    Jana Rose
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

I actually think most of these are really pretty, Frances! I really like these five:

Jana Catherine
    Jana Cecilia
    Jana Wilhelmina
    Jana Maeve
    Jana Rose

Are you open to some variations of the names? They would still be family names, with some tweaks.

Jana Cecily
    Jana Siscella
    Jana Catalina
    Jana Carina
    Jana Riona
    Jana Katina
    Jana Lilias
    Jana Lilium
    Jana Lilibeth
    Jana Rosalind
    Jana Rosamund
    Jana Rosalie
    Jana Rosea
    Jana Rosaline

Other random suggestions:
    Jana Clarissa
    Jana Emmeline
    Jana Louisa
    Jana Margery
    Jana Matilda
    Jana Susanna
    Jana Thomasin
    Jana Vanessa
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Do you pronounce Jana German then? Like YAH-nah?

Ottilie- Thanks so much! You really have a naming talent! I'm so impressed. You have given us a lot to ponder...

Taylor- No, Jana is pronounced like the Brady Bunch member, Jan with an extra 'a' at the end. I know it is probably considered plain, but we love it, we think it goes nicely with Hal, and it reminds me of my mom, who is the best.
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

I knew a girl named Jana Lee and she was often called by both. I really loved it! I think Jana works great with the one syllable names.