Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Any issues with Dara?

We have a little girl coming in a few months so this is just the initial start of the search.

My initial thought was Emily, which I am still quite fond of except for its widespread popularity, we don't want to be completely obscure but we don't necessarily want to be completely in the middle of the crowd.

After a bit of searching, my wife and I have run into a landing point of Dara which is a nice sounding name that also means wisdom / oak tree - both of tie in nicely with my history (my mom's name is Sophy and I've always just admired oak trees).

Its still early in the search but I thought I'd ask and see if there are any issues with this name (given that it has dropped off top 1000 chart) before we start settling in....

And any animal/plant names that aren't too obvious/literal would be great appreciated!
    Last edited by joypog; September 16th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

It is perfectly usable as I went to highschool with a girl named Dara and her name was nothing out of the ordinary.
    Stylistically it is not my cup of tea, but I do not see anything wrong with it.
    Last edited by giinkies; September 16th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

I like it. 'D' names sound strong to me--wish there were more girl choices starting with that letter, but Dara is lovely!

I don't know where you're from obviously, but here in Australia (Queensland), there's a less-than-nice suburb called Darra which, unfortunately, I immediately associate the name with. It's very unlikely that you're from Queensland, though, so I'm sure it's perfect for you!
    Regarding Emily: have you considered Emilia? It's one of my top favourites and hardly ever heard. I think it's absolutely gorgeous.
    Best of luck!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

When I think Dara I think the stand up comedian Dara O'briain and for that reason struggle to see it as a girls name =D