Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would like to know what people think?!

Was reading the Pretty in Pink blog on here last week which mentioned Noa as the most popular girls name in Israel and I LOVE IT! I have never heard either Noa or Noah used for a girl before and think that it (particularly without the H) totally works. My fiance and I both have no idea of what we would name a future daughter (we have boys name all picked out) but we both agree that we don't care really if something is a prescribed boys or girls name either way, if we like it we like it!

Just want to hear some thoughts on Noa for a girl please and how it would be received in the Western world (we live in Australia and my fiance is American).
    One Day: Sullivan Webster and Hazel Hilary

"And so with all things: names were vital and important." ~ Algernon H. Blackwood

I live in the southern US and I wouldn't be too terribly surprised by a little girl named Noa. It's not common, but so many people are using more unusual names these days and Noa is a familiar sound, so it works. It's not a name I would use personally, it's just not my style, but I wouldn't mind hearing it on someone elses little girl.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

I like Noa on a girl. This isn't the first time I have heard this question being asked on nameberry, I never paid attention to the other responses but I thought it was usable on a girl

I'm in Australia too and I think that you may have trouble with this. I accept that Noa may be very popular for girls elsewhere in the world but I think you would have to accept that here it is completely unheard of. Remember also that Noah is top 10 in most states and as far as I know 100% boy.

Would you be happy using another top 10 boy's name on a girl (some people do)? If so then go ahead but be realistic about the complications.

I think Noa is an adorable name for a girl. Seeing Noah, I would immediately think boy. However, seeing Noa - I would hesitate, boy or girl?