Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

New name suggestions and combo creation

So we went to the IVF doctor on Thursday to talk about having another baby and we found out that both embryo's that we have left are frozen in the same tube so we will have to transfer both this next time. I asked what the chances were of having twins and I thought it would be worse chances since with a fresh cycle it was only 30%. Well apparently they have had a few technical advances in the past year and it is now about 50-60% chance of twins. My husband about passed out! LOL! So this time we definately want to have two girls names and two boys names ready to take to the hospital. I am not pregnant yet but we will be doing our next attempt in January so I have some time to make up my mind on names but I looked at my list of names from my last pregnancy and I am just not very excited about them like I was a year ago. So I need some help.

Our son is Silas Rowan James Duffey and I would like some names that sound nice with his name but don't match. Silas and James are family names but Rowan we just liked and loved that it means "Little Red Head" since he is infact a red head. I would like to use William or Liam in some way in a boy combo if possible as it is my grandfather's first name. We really want to add to our list so please throw out anything you can think of. So you can get a feel for our style, here is our lists so far that we are keeping:

Girls First Names:

Thea
    Petra
    Fifer
    Phaedra
    Hermione
    Adelaide
    Briar

Girls First Middle:
    Astrid
    Anastasia
    Esme
    Waverly
    Luna

Girls Second Middle:
    Zenobia--family name
    Solace
    Alice--family name
    Sinead (shin-aid)
    Willow
    Priscilla--family name

Boys First Names:

Malik
    Mercer
    Alistair
    Ronin (pro. Row-nin)--hubby loves I don't though
    Jericho
    Sullivan
    Caspian
    Calder
    Lucian (pro. Lu-shin)
    Hrothgar
    Maverick

Boys First Middle:
    Jasper
    Sebastian
    Dexter--family name
    Atticus
    Axel
    Knox
    Rhys
    Declan
    Titus

Boys Second Middle:
    William/Liam--family name
    Harris--family name
    Cole--family name
    Henry--Family name
    Oliver--Family name

I am really loving your son's name, Silas Rowan James! I made some combos with the interesting lists you have. First of all, I struck off "rhyming" first names with the "eye" sound, i.e., no Silas & Fifer, Silas & Briar, etc. On the boys list I left off Malik, Alistair,& Sullivan because they all had that "luh" sound in them that Silas does, and I left off Ronin because it's so close to Rowan. Maverick is just too trendy for me, Hrothgar gives lifelong pronunciation & spelling issues, and neither mesh with Silas.

First I looked at my favorite sibling groups regardless of middle names. My favorite boy name with Silas is Calder, hands down! Love it! Second is Caspian, then Mercer, then the bold choice of Jericho. My favorite girl name with Silas is Thea - love that sweet gentle name! Second is Adelaide, then Phaedra, then Petra.

Sibset favorites ranked:

#1) Silas, Thea & Calder
    #2) Silas, Adelaide & Caspian
    #3) Silas, Petra & Mercer
    #4) Silas, Phaedra & Jericho

And if it's B/B or G/G: Silas, Calder & Caspian or Silas, Thea & Adelaide.

Then my combos:

#1) Thea Esme Willow or #2) Thea Esme Solace
    #1) Adelaide Esme Priscilla or #2) Adelaide Waverly Willow
    and Phaedra Esme Zenobia or Petra Waverly Sinead

#1) Calder Sebastian William or #2) Calder Atticus Henry
    #1) Caspian Dexter Henry or #2) Caspian Rhys William
    and Mercer Declan Cole or Jericho Axel William

Last edited by peanut; September 15th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.