Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Am I the only one?

Who pronounces Er's like they are A's for example to me Ryder is said Ryd-ah not ryd-er and it sounds wrong to say Ry-der to me. It makes some names sound terrible like Sawyer i think you get it. Is my pronunciation just completely wrong as I seem the only who does. I think its just an Australian accent (they are terrible)
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Yeah, it's an Australia thing to the best of my knowledge. I pronounce the Rs, and I've not even left my continent (North America).
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I pronounce it as an "a" too, but I'm a kiwi. New Zealand accents are pretty close to Oz accents.

I'm in the US, and I do use the -er pronunciations.

My skating coach is from London and he always pronounces my name (Tressa) as Tress-er, but he says words like 'father' as fath-ah.

Ps. Australian accents have always been my favorite. I wish I had one.
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)

As an Australian, there is absolutely no difference to me. I pronounce 'er' as 'a'.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *