Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naming after Zippora - this is tough! Please help!

Hi berries, If I have a daughter I'd really like to name her in honor of my grandmother, Zippora (which means bird in Hebrew). In Russian, she went by Fenia. Here are the names I've come up with so far:

Faye
    Flora
    Zora (nn Zoey)
    Yona (means dove)
    Merel (means blackbird in Dutch)
    Aya (means hawk)

What are your thoughts on any or all of these?

I don't like any of the other bird names other than the ones above, so that leaves "Z" or "F" names.

Thanks!!

I like Zora. I think the nn Zoey is cute- plus, the name Zippora HAS Zora amongst the letters.
    I also am a fan of the name Zola, like the little girl on Grey's Anatomy. :]

Do you know Zora, spelled Zora, means dawn in Croatian and Serbian?

I vote for Merel (it's was on my list, it's beautiful), Aya and Zora. I like Flora and Faye.

Suggestions...
    Paloma
    Avis
    Finch
    Robin
    Lark
    http://nameberry.com/list/76/Bird-Baby-Names?all=1
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

Are you not allowed to use Zippora or Fenia to honour your grandmother? Or maybe you just don't like the names themselves? I like Faye and Flora from your list.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Z names that might work:

Zara
    Zocha
    Zona
    Zorea
    Zoya
    Zorana
    Zorina
    Zoraya
    Zosia
    Ziv
    Zuna
    Zuri
    Zurina
    Zuzana
    Clara Liberty, Esther Juliet, Harlow Paloma, Jenna Rosamund, Laurel Cassandra, Margo Juniper, Nora Meredith, Rowan Athena, Sadie Genevieve, Tessa Bethany

Albert Frederick, Asher Jeremy, Bennett Samuel, Deacon Timothy, Edmund Nicholas, Theodore Holden, Nathaniel Grayson, Hugo Dominic, Judah Finnegan, Lucas Christopher