Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I watched Barney as a kid and of course that's the first thing I think of, but I also think of the brilliant character in How I met you Mother which makes me love that name so much more.

I think it's totally usable.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

I think of Flintstones & the purple dinosaur before Neil Patrick Harris. I don't think it's unusable, but I'm sure someone will make the occasional comment so if that would bother you a lot, maybe find a name with less associations. Plenty of people use Felix & Casper, but plenty of other find them too cartoonishly cat or ghostlike. I think all of these names are fine unless hearing someone reference any of these namesakes makes mom or dad cringe!

Also- I don't really watch TV so while I am aware of these associations I have no idea how popular any of these shows are....are the children's ones still on?

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I'm watching this thread with interest because I love the name Barnaby, which I think will almost inevitably be shortened to Barney. Barnaby is great, but I'm not sure about Barney. Im a little too old for the purple dinosaur, but watched plenty of Flintsones and Andy Griffith (Barney Fife) as a kid.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I just relate it to a St. Bernard I once knew.

I don't think it's useable as a first name either. My first associations are Barney Fife and the purple dinosaur, which I refuse to let my daughter watch. I don't think these connections with the name will go away for awhile.
    Kelli
    Mama to Erickson Thomas Gunnar and Gabrielle Reese