Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ignore how I spell it..If I said her name, would you like it??

If I said "my baby's name is pronounced 'sih-ren' (si as in sit)," would you like it?

As a side note, I'm thinking of spelling it as 'cyren', but a lot of people are pronouncing it siren (like alarm or those mythical creatures)

I would pronounce Cyren like Siren. And honestly I don't like how it would sound even saying it like 'si' in sit.

I think what you're going for is akin to Seren but with a different spelling? I've never been much of a fan of that name. For me, the less conventional spelling you're proposing doesn't make me like it more. It's just not my style.

Like Surren? I struggle to say it out loud. The sounds are too short together. Not really my style.
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

When I read your post my first thought was of the word "syringe". Cyren has a "y" in it so the "siren" pronunciation is pretty intuitive for most English speakers. I think your daughter would have to spell and pronounce her name all her lifetime.
    All the best,
    Mischa.