Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Insane or Just Right? Naming Withdrawals, Opinions Please!

Lately I been having baby naming withdrawals, don't get me wrong in the end I despised choosing Jem's name, but now that I haven't had to think about names for 5 months I just can't seem to stop thinking about them! So I am just, out of curiosity, seeking some opinions on some slightly unusual, short, fun names.
    I think we are stuck in the "snappy, short and weird" territory when it comes to baby naming and I am completely fine with it our kids name suit us, but I recognize that most of these will not be to everyone's taste, but keep an open mind and remember that they would be a brother to Bugsy and Jem

Skip
    Lux
    Ziggy
    Skeeter
    Van
    Huck
    Otis
    Otto
    August
    Milo

Personally I really like Lux, especially since it means light, but I don't know how it would go being a real person's name.

Anyway I'd just love you opinions!

xx
    Mama to Bugsy William and Jem Richmond.

Lux bends feminine these days, but it could work on a boy. I'm not really a fan, but it's not horrible.

I particularly like these:
    Huck
    Otis
    Otto
    August (But why not just Gus? I definitely prefer Gus with Bugsy and Jem!)
    Milo

I think I like them all pretty equally, with Otis, Milo, and Gus floating closer to the top of the list (of course never Milo AND Otis because of the dog and cat movie from the 80s)

Ziggy is wonderfully Bowie, but I just can't imagine it in everyday use.

Skeeter has horrible teasing potential due to its colloquial sexual connotations. Might not be a problem for you, but it's something to think about.
    Cormac, Edgar, Eldridge, Emmett, Everett, Ezra, Gavin, Hamish, Hugo, Laszlo, Milo, Niall, Roland, Wyatt
    Agnes, Ailis(h)/Alice, Clementine, Eliza, Frances, Greta, Mae, Marceline, Matilda, Nora, Olive, Ruby, Sally, Tabitha

I see Lux as a really feminine name. The ones I like from your list are: August, Huck, Milo, Otis, Otto and Ziggy. I'd pass on Skeeter, Skip and Van.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I think Lux would be adorable with your set. I know that their is an AFL player with a son named Lux, and i think it is quite handsome.
    That being said, I also really like Van, Otto or Milo with the set.
    my joy, Felix Rafferty (9.2013)
    Rose Aveline | Theo Evander

August Flynn | Jasper Bennett | Maxwell Alaric
    Jemima Primrose | Maeve Aurelia | Willa Marigold

I like these ones:

Ziggy - though I prefer some of the others as Jem would be the odd boy out with no -y ending to his name
    van
    Huck
    Otis
    Otto
    August (like pp's suggestion of Gus)
    Milo - however this seems almost a little common to go with his brothers' names

The best with the sibset in my opinion is Bugsy, Jem, and Otis. Huck second choice. Lux I think too many people would find more feminine than a boy name.
    Girls: still mulling
    Harlan Rafferty | Soren Felix | Lorcan Wesley | Atlas | Reed | & on the hunt for more!