Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever meet #58?

Ohh I never thought of funerals.. kinda puts you on a whole different lever of serenity. & Selina is pretty but reminds me of selina gomez (?) Which makes me feel like a forever kiddy name due to disney.

Just about how popular do you think popular is anymore tho with such a wide spectrum of names? Sometimes I get iffy about names in the 2 & 300s but in reality there probly isnt a huge chance of meetimg more than one or two of them.

Lynneinlove thats a great idea, ill have to try and do that.. im also trying to figure out how you find out how many births per year for the more unfamilar names. Which I thought would be on ssa.gov but they only tell ya top 1k ranking

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OACT/b...es/limits.html

That has the SSA data you are looking for. Also, ourbabynamer.com is very helpful, especially the "popularity" tab.

Also, if you google "whitepages name popularity" and click on the most popular search, that is a really helpful page for U.S. name data. For some reason, Nameberry never posts the link to the page when I try to mention it on the forums, that is why I am telling you how to google it...

I've never met a Serenity. It is alright, even though it means "peaceful" it makes me think of funerals for some reason so I find it a bit sad. Strangely, Serena doesn't make me feel sad, though. Someone mentioned Amity which is my name and I love it. Also love Verity, Vera, Verena, Veradis, Verita...pretty much any version of that. Geneva is another neat vintage name which, although not a virtue name, is evocative of peace to me because of the Geneva Convention.

ourbabynamer.com data shows that Serenity is increasing in popularity, over 4100 babies named that last year. I like to think of popularity in ratio terms (1 in every X children has the name)...if we assume that 5000 Serenitys are named this year, that's about 1 in 800 children (1 in 400 girls) but of course it also varies by region which the other links will help determine. There are about 4 million babies (2 million of each sex) born in the U.S. each year so dividing 4 million and 2 million by 5000 is how I got to the 1 in 800 or 400 ratios.
    Last edited by iamamiam; September 15th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

I've never met one but the name Serenity for some reason reminds me of A) a beautiful, peaceful garden and B) a stripper's stage name.
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix

How helpful! Thanks so much lol, I'll Def be using this. & I enjoy vera but my family makes me feel like its dated & to familar blah blah blah lol