Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prayers and such

I will be conducting the funeral for a dear friends baby on Tuesday. This is the 6th baby they have lost. They had 4 miscarriages and the last 2 were born at 21 and 22 weeks and lived 2 hours. The doctors don't know what's wrong and why she doesn't seem to be able to carry them. Even though none of you know them, all the prays, good thoughts, energy...whatever you do in your faith...all of that would be useful. They can use all the good they can get, even from strangers.

If any of you have a good bible verse I can read, I'd appreciate it as I don't know the bible as well as a lot of you I'm sure.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Dantea,
    I offer you and you friend condolences. I am so, so sorry. I send you hope, and I will pray for your friend.

While I can't offer you any verses from the Bible, I can give you the best quotes I know to help you through hard times.

"God sometimes takes us into troubled waters not to drown us but to cleanse us." -Unknown

"A moment in our arms, a lifetime in our hearts. Blessed may he/she be."-Unknown

And the quote I find to be most powerful for your situation:

An angel in the Book of Life wrote down my baby's birth & whispered as she closed the Book: "Too beautiful for this Earth"-unknown
    ~Mehri

I cannot imagine this situation and my thoughts are with your friend during this difficult time. I hope you find strength as well as you conduct the funeral.

My favorite verse is Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." There are several passages found in Romans 8 that may be appropriate. Good luck.

Thank you very much. That last one is very touching. I'm going to have to end my service there. I might begin with that first one.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Oh Dantea, how difficult. Your words will bring them strength, I'm sure.
    I'm not Christian, but I remember hearing this Psalm about being known by God, in light and darkness, even before birth... It's Psalm 139. Here's an excerpt, from the middle:

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
    If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
    Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
    Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
    For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

The beginning is very powerful too. It gets into "slaying the wicked" at the end though..

Hymns can be such a comfort. We sang "All Things Bright and Beautiful" at my grandmother's funeral, which is tender and childlike. "All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the good Lord loves them all.." It's such an uplifting song but it had us all in tears.
    Good luck officiating Angel. I will put you, your friend, and her baby on my strand of beads.