Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Time Is Finally Here!

After a few months of being on name berry, my time has finally come to get serious about names. FINALLY And after years of planning the PERFECT names for my children, I am lost and don't know how to react to my DH's name choices. We have totally different views on girl names and he has shot down some of my ultimate favorite names for a baby boy. I'm completely lost My last name is (or will be) two syllables and starts with P so no P names for sure.

Also: we would like to use names that have meaning. Such as my DH's grandfather who was very close to him was named Paul mn Ray. I would like Using Brenner after my mother, Brenda. For mn's, I would like using: either Paul or Ray. James. or Brenner.

His Naming Style For Girls: Luna, Annabelle, Gabrielle/Gabriella etc.
    His Naming Style For Boys: Zoltan, Aries, Rayden, Phoenix, etc.

My Naming Style For Girls: Dagny, Victoria, Esperance, Isis, Zipporah, Aura, Photini, etc.
    My Naming Style For Boys: Jack, Zayden, Gabriel, Boaz, Raven, Brenner, Hadrian, Halloran, etc.

Names Shot Down By DH:
    - Barnabas (this one is such a same because this is an old love)
    - Leopold
    - Raven: DH, "It sounds like a girl's name."

Any advice, opinions, or ideas is appreciated.. I need some berry comfort :/ Lol.
    Last edited by makaylaerin; September 14th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Hm, there's got to be a little overlap here! I think Brenner Paul is pretty great, and Brenner James is good too. Brenner Ray runs into itself, like Brenneray.

You like Aura and he likes Annabelle and Gabrielle, what about Aurelia? He likes Luna and you like Juna, maybe Junia or Juno or Lucia or Louisa or Eluned.

I like brigid16's idea of meshing the names together to get a mixed style.

So I would combine your love of Aura with his love of Annabelle and Gabrielle to get Auriel which is Latin for gold!!! And Aura would be a lovely nickname.

And because you both like names that begin with Ray, and Ray is sentimental, I would def suggest using Ray as the middle name. And because its unisex it will work either way! (Even though I like it more for a boy.)
    Some say I'm an angel... Others say I'm a star... But you can call me Princess!!!

Name lover who has a naming style that is Eccentric Aristocratic meets Guilty Pleasure!!!

👑 Pretty 👑

Your a teen name obsessor who is married. Very fishy.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Your naming styles are very similar so there seems plaenty of room for compromise.

Zolton and Zayden doesn't seem particularly different to me but I see the the potential to compromise on a different Z. What about Zalman, Zane, Zenith, or Zephyr?

Raven and Rayden aren't all that far apart. Possible compromises include Raymer, Raymond, Reagan, Ralston.

Naming a baby with some else is all about compromise.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.