Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names similar to Alaric

Alaric is my favorite obscure name and I love it as a middle name for James. I love it so much I can't think of any names that would compare to it. I like using classic names for the first name and using more unusual, but legitimate names for a middle name. I would love to hear some suggestions on names that you think have a similar feel to Alaric.

Some names I think have the same feel as Alaric, but I don't love enough to use are:
    Alasdair
    Leonidas
    Desmond
    Peregrin
    Tarquin
    Henrik
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I do like Cedric, Desmond and Casimir, but not for myself.
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I think of this category as "historic novel names" - not a diss, I love them myself.

Some of these are VERY obscure and some are just sort of antique-but-around. Just like in the swords and sorcery novels I grew up with, where there's a sprinkling of "standard British names" amongst antiquities.

Alaric and...
    Theodoric
    Gareth
    Finnian
    Tristan
    Edmund
    Isidore
    Raoul
    Llewellyn
    Iskender
    Oleksander
    Theodule
    Lysander
    Arthur
    Demetrius
    Last edited by stripedsocks; September 14th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    I think of this category as "historic novel names" - not a diss, I love them myself.

Some of these are VERY obscure and some are just sort of antique-but-around. Just like in the swords and sorcery novels I grew up with, where there's a sprinkling of "standard British names" amongst antiquities.

Alaric and...
    Theodoric
    Gareth
    Finnian
    Tristan
    Edmund
    Isidore
    Raoul
    Llewellyn
    Iskendar
    Oleksander
    Theodule
    Lysander
    Arthur
    Demetrius

I agree. Alaric and names similar to it definitely have the historic feel to them. I really like Arthur, but unfortunately hate the nickname Artie. I prefer Ari for a chosen nickname. I wish I could like Isidore because I'm starting to like the nickname "Izzy" for a boy, but no longer like Isaac and felt like it was a stretch. Isidore would be a great way to get it, but I also like Isabel for a future daughter.
    Ice Cream!