Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation When your favorite names just don't appeal anymore?

Has this ever happened to any one else?

I used to have a huge list of my favorite girl names, but lately I just don't like most of them anymore. I actually only have three girl names left that I could see myself using. These names that I've gotten rid of would have fit in perfectly with my naming style, but now they are falling off my list. I used to absolutely LOVE these names so I don't know why they don't appeal to me anymore. I still think they are lovely names, but now I can't see myself using them.

What names do you not love anymore?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Auntie to Q | Momma to a kit named Zola Bastet
    Could you check out these threads? Link 1 Link 2
    Girls | Combos | Boys

I'm in love with all the boys names in my signature. But I am not in love with my girls list anymore.

I recently dropped Astrid & Thisbe from my list.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I used to absolutely love the name Nathan for a boy with the nn Nate. I still like it, but I don't love it anymore. Something about the sound of it bothers me now. I can't see myself having a little Nathan.

I currently am not crazy about any girl names, except for one but only for the family significance it holds. I find that a little strange because I used to have huge lists of girl names I adored and now there is only about two or three names I could even imagine using but I'm not wild about them either.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Melisande. I was once obsessed with this name. I ADORE Melisande. But I'm indifferent now, but don't want to delete it. I probably won't use it because it's too long.

It happens often. Every favorite name I loved and adored, got stale. Got boring. I found some cons in it. I dislike myself for loving name and giving up. But, can't help myself.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy

I used to love, LOVE Hannah and Alana. I would never use either of those now. Mind you this was when I was much younger, my naming style has broadened considerably.