Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More Character Naming Help!!

Okay so I'm writing another story. I just wrote one but still... This one is about a girl who goes to high school even though she's only eleven and is befriended by a sports jock, who gets math tutoring from her mom. (I need last names for all of these too)

Character 1: The main character. Super smart eleven year old girl. She's super nice and tries to make friends.
    Name Style I want: Classic and uncommon. Nothing trendy. It needs to sound smart and sophisticated.
    Name ideas: I really like Ginger. That's what her name was going to be but I wanted to consult Nameberry first.

Character 2: Typical jock, except he's really nice. He immediately likes Character 1, and befriends her.
    Name Style I want: Fairly trendy.
    Name ideas: I like Coleman and Brett.

Character 3: Character 1's friend. Stereotypical girly-girl, but she's not a mean girl. She has lots of friends.
    Name Style I want: Girly and frilly. Something you can imagine on a girl in a pink tutu even in high school. I don't want the typical Stephanie or Tiffany
    Name ideas: Jenna is cute. I like Kallie/Callie. If you pick that can you say what spelling you like? The choices are: Callie, Kallie, Kally, Cally, Caly, Kaly, Cali, and Kali

Character 4: Character 3's best friend, and definitely a mean girl who takes advantage of Character 3. She's jealous of Character 1 because she has a crush on Character 2. This is not in a creepy way, which someone thought, but because she is upset that 1 is talking to 2, and also that 1 is talking to 3.
    Name Style: Girly again, but with a touch of edge.
    Name ideas: Ally, Aubrey, Katelyn

Your name ideas most definitely don't have to be from my ideas! I would rather that they aren't from my favorites list....
    Last edited by leahchristine; September 16th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
    leah. name loves change every day.

arabella-amalia-cecelia-delaney-estella-evelyn-harlow-jocelyn-jordan-josephine-lelia-lucinda-mackenzie-mariana-mavis-melanie-natalie-ruby-scarlett-sophie-taylor

bradley-cal-dawson-elliot-grayson-jameson-jordan-jude-liam-mateo-matthew-tristan-zacharias-zachary

Hazel
    Wren
    Amber
    Lyric
    Farrah
    Penny

Brad
    Josh
    Scott
    Michael
    Tristan
    Derrick

Kayla
    Ollie
    Tabby
    Monica
    Elisa
    Charity

Onyx
    Sasha
    Marcie
    Francis
    Callie
    Justine

If there's going to be some kind of romantic relationship between 1 and 2, you might want to reconsider her age. The difference between an 11 year old girl and a 15/16 year old boy is astounding. That's more of a sibling relationship if you want to keep it non-creepy. Also, 4 has nothing to be jealous of if 1 is only 11.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Celianne- There is going to be a brother/sister relationship between 1 and 2, I definitely didn't want it to be weird at all! I meant for 4 to be jealous of 1 because she gets to talk to 2 and 4 doesn't. I loved your names, by the way! Here are the ones I picked

1.Hazel
    I loved it as soon as I saw it! It's perfect for the character

2.Bradley
    I was going to do Brad, but thought Bradley had more of a "Nice Guy" feel.

3.Kayla
    I really like the sound of Kayla for the sweet girly girl

4. Callie
    I love Callie for her! Sasha was perfect, but that's my Best Friend's name so that wasn't really acceptable.
    leah. name loves change every day.

arabella-amalia-cecelia-delaney-estella-evelyn-harlow-jocelyn-jordan-josephine-lelia-lucinda-mackenzie-mariana-mavis-melanie-natalie-ruby-scarlett-sophie-taylor

bradley-cal-dawson-elliot-grayson-jameson-jordan-jude-liam-mateo-matthew-tristan-zacharias-zachary

Quote Originally Posted by leahchristine View Post
    Celianne- There is going to be a brother/sister relationship between 1 and 2, I definitely didn't want it to be weird at all! I meant for 4 to be jealous of 1 because she gets to talk to 2 and 4 doesn't.
    Hm. I suppose that makes sense. I don't know how old you are, but to pull off the situation, 4 would have to be raging crazy, or you'd have to be a very talented writer; otherwise it'll make very little sense. Good luck.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Character 1; Both Ginger and Hazel are great choices. Also; Heather, Fern
    Character 2; Brett suits. Also, Todd, Brock, Jimmy, Coop, Kit
    Character 3; you could pick any number of spellings. Is Cali a nn for anything? Ideas;
    Calico nn Cali, Caron, Constance nn Connie, Kayleigh
    Character 4; Laura, Tanya nn Tanny, Nicci, Ffion, Jade, Veronica nn Nic or Ronnie