Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mia?

Mia?

1) I know Mia is high on the charts in the US, but do you really know a lot of Mias?

I have never met one..

2) Also, what 'full names' do you suggest to get to Mia, other than Amelia?
    I love Emilia, but wonder if nn her Mia would a) take away from already beautiful Emilia and b) make it even more confusing with Amelia? I like Mila, but DH prefers Mia...

Thanks, berries!
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

I have a young child and don't know any Mias at his school or in our church. I know a Mia who is a dog! I think Emilia is beautiful but Mia wouldn't come to mind as a nickname, at least not immediately. I'd probably think of Emmie or Mimi as more likely nicknames.
    Mom to Luke Russell & James Reece

I know a few Mia's but no where near as many Jessica/Jennifer's I knew growing up. It could be a nn for Maria, Mischa or Milena

favorite names this week: Aviva🌻 Alaric

I know a Mia but all the kids I am surrounded by are related to me so there generally are no repeats (except Aiden and Kayden as cousins which kind of annoys me).
    Personally i prefer Emilia to Amelia and I do prefer longer more elegant first names with short nicknames.
    So I like Emilia nn Mia... but Emilia may also open other nicknames like Mila and Emmy.

I know an adult Mia in her 40's. I know more Maya's and the various spellings. I think it's classic and beautiful, personally.