Names Searched Right Now:

great great grandmother Augusta!

Just discovered this gem in our family tree. What do you think? I think it is lovely. Idk if I would use it for a first, maybe a middle. Nicknames?? I feel like I can think of many more for the masculine form. Her daughters were Ruby and Daisy btw...Ruby's son is Leland, my grandfather. Leland is our #1 pick for a boy Love all the antique names!

I love the strength and majesty of Augusta but then I love all of the "August" names (boys August, Augustus and Augustine are wonderful too). Augie, Gussie and Gusty would be the intuitive nn's. I love Ruby too. Augusta Ruby or Ruby Augusta would work for combos. Daisy is cute but I would use it for a nickname for a fuller name (Marguerite/Margaret). Your boys choice of Leland is handsome and distinguished. Augusta and Leland look and sound good together. They have a Southern vibe.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I love the strength and majesty of Augusta but then I love all of the "August" names (boys August, Augustus and Augustine are wonderful too). Augie, Gussie and Gusty would be the intuitive nn's. I love Ruby too. Augusta Ruby or Ruby Augusta would work for combos. Daisy is cute but I would use it for a nickname for a fuller name (Marguerite/Margaret). Your boys choice of Leland is handsome and distinguished. Augusta and Leland look and sound good together. They have a Southern vibe.
    Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Augusta Ruby is beautiful. I like Ruby, but I don't like it much with our last name, which is Gross... I am very into nicknames I have realized... we like Amelia (Millie) and Eliana (Ellie) very much. My grandfather (Leland) went by Lee. I like Leland as a full name, but the Lee option is nice. I think Gussie could be really cute for Augusta!!! My husband works with a man whose last name is Augustine, which I love! p.s. I like the Southern vibe!

Lucky you. Great family names! I also have a great grandmother Augusta.

I have a great-great grandmother from Germany named Augusta. We have kept it going in our family through using it as a mn. We all love it. Maybe it will be used as a first name in the future. It is a majestic name.