Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I am terribly sorry but I haven't got anything to add right now. I just enjoy reading about names others suggested and may I second Olympia/Polyxena(Alex's mommy had a lot of names...Or just enough?), Anastasia(do you really need a nickname? I hate all the nicknames so just prefer the full form, it doesn't need any shorten versions IMO. And she is wonderful with Persephone), Apollonia, Helena (Bonham Carter is awesome, really. And the beautiful girl is nice but I am not sure if I like Diane Kruger playing her).
    And Xenia, do you really like the z sound in it or just the name? I mean there is Ksenia, two letters away and absolutely divine too. But different style and maybe sound?
    I know it's not helpful but I couldn't resist, a lot of awesomeness in one thread. I may come back if I can think of any names fitting the criteria.

I think Olympia is beautiful and sweet and it makes me feel weird have Alexander on my for sure boys list. It also makes me feel weird that Olympia refers to Olympus, the home of the gods and I have a goddess already >.<

Anastasia, I don't need a nickname, but my older family members will insist on one. If I don't have one ready, they'll call her what they want and she'll be stuck. It's like with Persephone. I don't call her Sephy, I call her by her full name, but my grandmother was going to call her Persy unless I told her Sephy. I forgot to mention to call her Sephy to another other family member and now she only calls her Willow and won't even call her Sephy and it's so annoying. So yea, I have to come prepared with a nickname I like.

I like the sound of the name over all, but wouldn't want Xena (see above rant about nicknames) and I know my grandmother will say K-senia with the other >.<

Aside from that, Apollonia is still my personal favorite, but I can't talk to Cody until later today. I'd like a nice long list for him so I'd love the suggestions to keep on coming.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I only have one suggestion - Lalage. It means "to babble like a brook" (You probably knew that already, but I just love it!) Isn't that amazing? Horace used it for his beloved, Poe used it in "Polititian" and it's the name of a butterfly! What's not to like?

Lalage is sweet! It has a lovely sound but I might prefer the actual word it comes from, Lalageo. I'll add it to my middle name list as my grandmother is likely to say la-layj. She's Cherokee, not Greek like the other half of the family and she has such a hard time. And she's stubborn so if she can't get something the first few times, she stops trying. With Elysia, I spent 30 minutes trying to get her to say eh-lee-see-ah and she gave up and won't stop saying Alicia now >.<
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014