34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jane Linley

14 41.18%
  • Scarlett Jane

20 58.82%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baby girl arriving 9/20 and need help!

Which name do you like better.

Stella Jane is my favorite (DH doesn't love it) and I am holding out a bit of hope

I'm torn! I like aspects of all three of them. I'm a huge sucker for the -ett ending in names, but Scarlett's never really appealed to me. It seems too whiny, too flashy. I like Violet, Charlotte, Hannelotte, even Juliet (which I don't really like, either) lots more. But there's something sweet and feminine and understated about Scarlett Jane. I like Stella more than Scarlett, but I like the combo of Scarlett Jane more than Stella Jane. And Jane Linley--well, I am just enamored with the idea of an adorable little Janie, and Linley's a great GP of mine, and by far my favorite of the -inley names (Kinley, McKinley, Tinsley, Linley, Finley, etc.!). Jane Linley is a great balance of modern and classic, and Linley adds some adorable cuteness to the more austere Jane! I think Jane Linley gets my vote in the end, but if you're open to Letty/Lettie as a nn for Scarlett, I might just have to change my vote.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I'm torn! I like aspects of all three of them. I'm a huge sucker for the -ett ending in names, but Scarlett's never really appealed to me. It seems too whiny, too flashy. I like Violet, Charlotte, Hannelotte, even Juliet (which I don't really like, either) lots more. But there's something sweet and feminine and understated about Scarlett Jane. I like Stella more than Scarlett, but I like the combo of Scarlett Jane more than Stella Jane. And Jane Linley--well, I am just enamored with the idea of an adorable little Janie, and Linley's a great GP of mine, and by far my favorite of the -inley names (Kinley, McKinley, Tinsley, Linley, Finley, etc.!). Jane Linley is a great balance of modern and classic, and Linley adds some adorable cuteness to the more austere Jane! I think Jane Linley gets my vote in the end, but if you're open to Letty/Lettie as a nn for Scarlett, I might just have to change my vote.

Good luck!
    Thank you! I agree completely.

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of the one syllable names, but the classic feel and it being so rarely used really gets me. It's simplicity makes it more beautiful. It's also both mine nod DH's grandmothers mn.

Scarlett, I like. I do. At times it feels a bit harsh, but I do think Jane makes it a bit more "down to earth"

I was really up in the air. I prefer Jane as the first name but I like Scarlett Jane best as a combo. In the end I voted Scarlett Jane

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I love the meaning scarlett but the sound of jane is ever so much more pretty and it's shortness makes it smart sounding, too.