Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roberta

Roberta

What do you think of this? Too dated/old person name? I used to dislike it, but the more I think about it the more I like it. I think it's due for a comeback, and the nn Robbie is ADORABLE as far as I'm concerned. Thoughts?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Roberta is an okay name . Althought i find it a bit dated i can see it on a lil girl. Espessially with the nn Robbie which is adorable .
    Ana

Mommy to a lil lady . Expected second peanut at valentines day < 3

For me, I find Roberta to be a really refreshing choice full of lively nicknames to make it downright spunky: Robbie, Bobbie, Berta, and Bertie.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

I always found it old and clunky, but lately I'm liking it too. It seems fresh again since I rarely hear it. I love the possibility of Bobbie as a nickname, and Robbie and Bertie are cute too.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I just don't like the "bert" sound in the middle of the name. Also, it was a name others used to ridicule girls. They thought it was funny to call someone Roberta instead of their name.