Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Persephone

Persephone

I am starting to like the name Persephone. It's beautiful, strong, rare, and has the cute nn Penny. What do you think of the name? (not expecting, I just love names )
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

I love Persephone! But I prefer Effie for a nickname.
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

My daughter is Persephone. I get a few "Oh that's interesting O_o" and "Where did you come up with that?" but I have gotten way more soft little breaths and "Oh wow, how beautiful!"

I think Persephone is an absolutely gorgeous name. It's lyrical and soft and sweet. It has a lot of really nice nicknames (we use Sephy when we do). Her mythology makes me think of resilience, strength, all those amazing things. Her name, despite what nameberry says, means something to do with sound (as with all Greek words ending in -phone) and likely means something like Persian Speaker. The Perse- part also has a connection to the Greek word for dark blue, which is my husbands favorite color.

Anyway, I could go on and on. It's gorgeous!
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I like how Persephone its pronounced but the spelling really bothers me! Reminds me of purse phone
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

I love the name Persephone !! Its on my middle name list . The sound of the name is just majestic .
    Ana

Mommy to a lil lady . Expected second peanut at valentines day < 3