Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've lived throughout the south for the majority of my life. I love Magnolia and part of that love is because it resonates with my love of the south. That being said I've never met anyone named Magnolia, and I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to meet a Magnolia with no connections to the south.

I too was born and raised I the deep south my entire life... moved away after marrying, and now, I am back in the south. I love the name Magnolia, but have never met anyone named Magnolia. While I agree the name evokes beautiful Southern imagery that doesn't mean it must only be used in the south. I think it is a gorgeous name, not heard a lot, elegant, and sweet!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I love Magnolia!

I think certain names conjure images of the 'south' but aren't necessarily southern.

There are definitely names that only sound right in a Southern accent or evoke very Southern imagery. Magnolia is one of them. However, I've lived in Alabama my entire life and I've never met anyone named Magnolia.
    Emily, 18, Southeastern US.
    College student and avid name nerd.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I live in the midwest and have a beautiful Japanese Magnolia (aka Blooming Tulip tree) in my yard. I'd use the name.