Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've lived throughout the south for the majority of my life. I love Magnolia and part of that love is because it resonates with my love of the south. That being said I've never met anyone named Magnolia, and I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to meet a Magnolia with no connections to the south.

I too was born and raised I the deep south my entire life... moved away after marrying, and now, I am back in the south. I love the name Magnolia, but have never met anyone named Magnolia. While I agree the name evokes beautiful Southern imagery that doesn't mean it must only be used in the south. I think it is a gorgeous name, not heard a lot, elegant, and sweet!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I love Magnolia!

I think certain names conjure images of the 'south' but aren't necessarily southern.

There are definitely names that only sound right in a Southern accent or evoke very Southern imagery. Magnolia is one of them. However, I've lived in Alabama my entire life and I've never met anyone named Magnolia.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I live in the midwest and have a beautiful Japanese Magnolia (aka Blooming Tulip tree) in my yard. I'd use the name.