Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Jane too plain?

I'm expecting baby #3 early next year. My DD is Mira Annabella and I have a son, Benjamin Liam.

Because Mira is fairly uncommon, I keep thinking I need her potential sister's name to be equally unheard of (at least in my area). Current possibilities include: Nola, Iris, Gemma, Maeve. I live in the midwest where Emma/Ava still dominate.

However for the great majority of my life my MN was Jane. When I got married, I took DH's last name, and made my maiden my new MN, thereby losing Jane.

So here's the question: Is Jane too plain alongside my sweet & spunky little Mira? Or does it bridge the gap between Mira and (much more traditional) Benjamin?

Jane may be more popular than plain. I know quite a few people using it as first or mn right now. Just fyi.

I love Jane. It's so sweet and beautiful. It's mature and soft and works so well on every age. Janey makes an adorable nn for a little girl. I think it bridges the gap between Mira and Benjamin. It's decently well used, it's familiar like Benjamin, but hasn't been used as a first nearly as often as it's used as a middle.

From your current list, I think Iris and Mira are sweet together and Iris is unusual but familiar also so it does the same for Mira and Benjamin. Iris Jane is so beautiful!

EDIT- - I wanted to add that when I was working at the daycare, there was a girl there named Mallory Jane. She said she didn't like how plain it was and about 5 of the teen girls just gushed about how beautiful and special and perfect it was. So obviously there's plenty of younger girls who love it.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I choice the "bridge" option. Jane is simple but not plain. Familiar and very well-know but not overly popular or trendy. I only know a two maybe girls called Jane, seriously, I think it's much more usual in the middle.
    I think Jane fits nicely into your sibset, you can give her highly unusual middle name, for example Jane Athena came to mind. Jane Maeve is nice too.

I always picture Jane as the polar opposite of plain. It's virtually bursting with just... awesomeness! If Jane was paired with a sib-set of John and Mary, I still wouldn't think it were plain, but just vintage (which is a good, good thing in my book). So yeah, totally useable, and it's brought to it's full potential with sister Mira : )
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully