Names Searched Right Now:

1st club meeting - no interesting names!

Last night was the first night of club for a group I work with and I was really disappointed by the names.
    So many Makenzies and Mckaylas and Kaitlyns and Kylies and Kaleahs and Emmas.
    And girls named Jamison and Ryan.
    The closest thing to an interesting name was Paris....and even that wasn't very impressive.
    Lots of sweet kids, but I'm always staggered by the lack of interest in giving your kid a name that's not staggeringly dull in it's trendy popularity.

Even those with less uncommon names weren't very inspiring...Shannon, Theresa, Natasha, Natalia.

It was a good night, but as far as name joy goes, there was none.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I would actually be surprised to meet a little Shannon. I hardly ever hear that. I think Natalie is very pretty. I know what you mean, though. When you have a group of kids, you get a lot of the types of names you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    Last night was the first night of club for a group I work with and I was really disappointed by the names.
    So many Makenzies and Mckaylas and Kaitlyns and Kylies and Kaleahs and Emmas.
    And girls named Jamison and Ryan.
    The closest thing to an interesting name was Paris....and even that wasn't very impressive.
    Lots of sweet kids, but I'm always staggered by the lack of interest in giving your kid a name that's not staggeringly dull in it's trendy popularity.

Even those with less uncommon names weren't very inspiring...Shannon, Theresa, Natasha, Natalia.

It was a good night, but as far as name joy goes, there was none.
    I'd love to meet a little Theresa.

My son was at a play center yesterday morning and I was once again struck by all the Old Testament boys names I hear. There were brothers Levi and Judah and another little boy named Abram. These seem so much more interesting than most of the girl names I hear.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Current list of favorites:
    Girls: Caroline, Emily, Grace, Mary-Grace, Lucy, Lydia, or Theresa
    Boy: Gabriel, John, Jude, Luke, Nicholas, Peter, or Thomas