Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eowyn and other Tolkien names

Eowyn is the girl version of Samwise for me. She did so much there at the end, but she doesn't get a ton of recognition. Unlike Arwen, her name isn't used nearly as much but I find it beautiful and so much more lyrical than Arwen.

Here's some other favorites I think are usable:

Arwen -- obviously
    Amaranth
    Esmeralda
    Galadriel -- I know it's super connected, but it's beautiful with a lovely meaning
    Hanna
    Luthien
    Lorien -- which is a place and I am using
    Morwen
    Vana
    Yavanna

GP from the list -- Goldworthy. It has lovely connotations and would be a spectacular middle.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Do you mean Goldberry?
    New username is @ truenature

Eowyn, both the character and the name, is wonderful.

I really like:
    Alatáriel
    Fíriel
    Galadriel
    Lorien
    Lothiriel
    Melian
    Silmarien
    Theodwyn
    Tinúviel
    Undómiel
    Valinor
    Vidumavi

I also think that Arwen is great, but it seems like the name most people turn to when they wanna honour Tolkien's work in a name.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

No, I mean Goldworthy. It was part of the name of another character, a hobbit. Hanna "Goldworthy" Brandybuck was married to Madoc Brandybuck. She's a character from the rest of the world, not specifically the LOTR trilogy or The Hobbit.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

How did I include Luthien but not Tinuviel? *facepalm* Gorgeous.

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014