49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke Malcom

19 38.78%
  • Walter Luke

7 14.29%
  • Benjamin Luke

23 46.94%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nora Kate needs a perfect name for her brother!

Ok, so we're just a month away from Baby #2's arrival. It's a boy, and we currently have a 2.5 yr old daughter named Nora Kate (smiley, tallish/slim, blonde hair, brown eyes... very smart, funny, cute. We're imagining our son as some version of her.

We are looking for a classic, strong, friendly name. FYI, my dad's name is Luke, and it will be the middle name (and we'd LOVE to pull the trigger on just making it the first name... but Luke/Lucas is so incredibly popular right now. When we did the math, the number of Lukes +Lucases = more than the #1 current name of Jacob.) But I just love "Luke and Nora," and both Luke and Nora mean "light." So who knows... we may still go with it.

At any rate, here are some of our ideas. We'd love your input, as well as advice on other options:

Luke Malcolm (if we go with Luke as first name)
    Benjamin / Bennett Luke
    Nicholas Luke
    Finn / Finnian / Finnigan Luke
    Walter Luke
    Evan Luke
    Maxwell Luke

Thanks so much for your help!

I absolutely love Nora and Luke together! If you decide not to go with Luke as the first name, how about Malcolm Luke?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

I think Nora and Luke are very cute together. If you love the name, just go for it! I was terrified to name my boy Jack but there's only two other Jacks in his entire school, and both in very different grades. You just never know....
    Expecting #3 in September 2014 and on the name hunt already!

Mom to Jack and Evie

Boys: Frank, Alvin, Arlo, Felix, August, Angus, Hugo, Atlas, Melvin
    Girls: Mabel, Hazel, Clementine, Willamina, Olive, Alice, Penny

Luke Malcolm is really nice, but if popularity is an issue for you, then you'll probably want to avoid using it. Some suggestions:
    Callum
    Seth
    Holden
    Gavin
    Cameron
    Christopher
    Nathan

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

I love Luke and Nora together!
    Of the others I like Maxwell Luke and Evan Luke (or Luke Evan!). I prefer Flynn to Finn and I while I like Nicholas Luke I think I remember there being a film called 'Nick and Nora' or something along those lines.
    - Evelyn - Alice - Margot - Edith - Maeve - Gaia - Sylvie - Indira - Martha - Beatrix - Miriam (Miri) - Freya -

- Seth - Marcus - Stefan - Roran (Rory) - Caspar - Reuben - Malachi - Christopher (Kit) - Eben - Gideon -

- Eden - Indigo - Ezri - Ophelia (Effie) - Zinnia - / - Tycho - Atticus - Beckett - Marius - Zephyr -